TUNE PIPE HEAT AND ELECTRONICS

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark couty

Hi guys first I want to say THANKS for all the help I have gotten since starting my scale build. I had a long lay off and I am ready to start back. My question is this :

Is there any rule of thumb on how close a tune pipe can be next to the radio box inside the hull. I have concerns about this, and after looking at a lot of pics in the galleries, I see quite a few setups where it looks like the pipe is a hair away from the box. My concerns are for the heat being transferred from the pipe to the batt, Rx, and servos, not to mention the plastic box lid. What do ya'll say ? Thanks, Mark.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if there is a rule of thumb on the distance or not...But I do know that you do not want to let the pipe rest on the radio box. I am not sure vibration caused it to nudge closer to the box or not...the pipe scorched the side of the fiberglass radio box and melted the balloon that was protecting my receiver!

Under normal set-up my pipe on the scale is a half inch or less from the box. It seems to be fine at that distance. For insurance, I put some silicone tape on the side of the box that faces the pipe. So far there have been no more problems.

Same for me my header is probably around 1/4-1/2 inch away from the radio box. No problems from heat so far.

The pipe on my 40 boat is about 1/8" from my radio box. I put a extra sheet of fiberglass on the lid and I haven't had any issues.

Back