to build or not to build thunder boat? opinions needed

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ww29

i need some direction from builders on the thunder boat. does the zipp kit thunder boat need to have a jig made to build it or can it be built on a flat building board.the only problem i have with building is that i dont have a place that i can paint it my self without using auto spray cans? or should i just go with the insane thunder boat.

please leave me your imput

Last edited by a moderator:
i need some direction from builders on the thunder boat. does the zipp kit thunder boat need to have a jig made to build it or can it be built on a flat building board.the only problem i have with building is that i dont have a place that i can paint it my self without using auto spray cans? or should i just go with the insane thunder boat.

please leave me your imput
Will, All you need is a flat board. I used 1" MDF?(like a real dense particle board) from Lowes. Instructions are availiable online at zippkits.com Check it out-easy to build. I paid a guy here in Salt Lake City to paint mine-2 part automotive paint with clear coat.

Glenn

Take a look at the Blazer Marine Lauterbach running in the Sport & Scale forum from a week ago.

I do agree if you build it you will definitely take more pride in it.

Have fun with your build!!!

Bob Blazer

thanks guys. also my problem is that i dont have anything to cut with to make the building board.i would like to build it but i am kinda stuck on making a jig.

thanks guys. also my problem is that i dont have anything to cut with to make the building board.i would like to build it but i am kinda stuck on making a jig.
Lowes or Home depot will cut it for you just ask

I've been told the same thing, Lowes and Home Depot will do the FIRST CUT FOR FREE, after that you have to pay. Don't remember if that was per board or total, you will have to ask

Since you only need a flat board to build off of, here is what I did. Go to Lowes and pick up a 3 foot level and carry it to the pre-fab shelving area and find the best 10in by 48in shelf board. Check the board with the level and make sure it is flat then put the level back and buy the board. If you cannot find a 10in wide board then have them cut down a 12in one.

Buddy

i have a building board that i use for my planes. it is 16"x48"x3/4" it is made by great planes.long as i dont have to attach anything to it.i dont want to ruin the board for my planes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back