Thru transom exhaust

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glenng

I'd like to run the exhaust out the transom on a sport 40 boat. The pipes stinger Inside diameter is .422". What inside diameter would you reccomend from the stinger to the transom? Working in a tight area. Would .500"-.532" be O.K.?

Thanks,

Glenn

I'm looking at doing the same thing with a Muck scale 7474 hull. I know the extension needs to be larger to prevent the pipe from causing excessive back pressure. I'm like you, however, wondering how much bigger to minimize the problem

I'm looking at doing the same thing with a Muck scale 7474 hull. I know the extension needs to be larger to prevent the pipe from causing excessive back pressure. I'm like you, however, wondering how much bigger to minimize the problem
H.J., I know for a FACT .750" works well on scale(.67 Green Head motors). Send me your E-mail in a P.M. and I'll send you a pic.

Glenn

H.J., I know for a FACT .750" works well on scale(.67 Green Head motors). Send me your E-mail in a P.M. and I'll send you a pic.

Glenn
.750 inside or outside? I got my pipe from Allrc, just don't know which one it is or what the affect of extending the stinger will be. I'm looking at having to go 3 to 5" to get through the transom due to a forward engine placement. Guess that's what I get for buying a used glass hull ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Glenn
.750 inside or outside? I got my pipe from Allrc, just don't know which one it is or what the affect of extending the stinger will be. I'm looking at having to go 3 to 5" to get through the transom due to a forward engine placement. Guess that's what I get for buying a used glass hull
wink.gif
Inside Diameter Bud.
smile.gif

Phil, how tight of fit is there between the aluminum and the tuned pipe? I want to avoid the possiblity of radio interference

Glenn
.750 inside or outside? I got my pipe from Allrc, just don't know which one it is or what the affect of extending the stinger will be. I'm looking at having to go 3 to 5" to get through the transom due to a forward engine placement. Guess that's what I get for buying a used glass hull
wink.gif
Inside Diameter Bud.
smile.gif
The personal rule I have always followed for thru transom outlet is add minimum 50% to the stinger i.d. For example a .450" i.d. stinger would get at least a .675" i.d. tubing leading to the transom. :)

Glenn
wink.gif
Inside Diameter Bud.
smile.gif
The personal rule I have always followed for thru transom outlet is add minimum 50% to the stinger i.d. For example a .450" i.d. stinger would get at least a .675" i.d. tubing leading to the transom.
smile.gif
Between Don and Phils reply I got a bit confused so I dug out the old high school algebra book and started checking volume and found a 9/16 bore (.562") has 1.77 times the volume of my .422" stinger-I think I'll try this first as space is limited going over the strut. Can't argue with Don's theory-the U-25 he sold me is the fastest boat I have.
ohmy.gif

Thanks Guys,

Glenn

Glenn
wink.gif
Inside Diameter Bud.
smile.gif
The personal rule I have always followed for thru transom outlet is add minimum 50% to the stinger i.d. For example a .450" i.d. stinger would get at least a .675" i.d. tubing leading to the transom.
smile.gif
Between Don and Phils reply I got a bit confused so I dug out the old high school algebra book and started checking volume and found a 9/16 bore (.562") has 1.77 times the volume of my .422" stinger-I think I'll try this first as space is limited going over the strut. Can't argue with Don's theory-the U-25 he sold me is the fastest boat I have.
ohmy.gif

Thanks Guys,

Glenn
Formula for Volume of a cylinder is- Volume= 3.1416 X radius X radius X height.

We use pie at work alot, it sucks though when its in your face :rolleyes:

Tim

Glenn
wink.gif
Inside Diameter Bud.
smile.gif
smile.gif
ohmy.gif

Thanks Guys,

Glenn
Formula for Volume of a cylinder is- Volume= 3.1416 X radius X radius X height.

Thanks Tim, I've got 11 months to go before I retire-kinda expecting a pie in the face instead of a gold watch.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Glenn

Glenn...and to think i thought we all just played with lil toy boats!!!
smile.gif
too deep for my SIMPLE mind!
laugh.gif

That's all we are doing here Bill. Sent a couple pics to your E-mail. .562" I.D. from stinger to transom. Now get back to work on the Pay&Pak
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Glenn

Latest posts

Back