The WHIP

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the boat it looks killer. That looks like the same color of the boat that I and my dad had back in the 60's, 57' chevy. Good luck with it and have fun.

The Dad

BTW I had a shirt that was the color I wanted. I took the shirt to the PPG store in Birmingham and a guy in the store blended the color from just looking at the shirt and playing with colors. He matched the shirt perfectly. We had a great time in the paint store that Sat. when I go in they are alwasys asking if I brougth a shirt. Boating is alwasys lot of fun. In one of the other sections of IW were postings about hard to stay interested. To ME I can't quit thinking and planning something with a boat.

Man did she come out looking sweet!!!, you should paint my WoodWhip when I get mine finished. Great color choices,

Beau

Man did she come out looking sweet!!!, you should paint my WoodWhip when I get mine finished. Great color choices,

Beau
Thanks, I actually enjoyed building the boat. In the past ,even 50 yrs ago, I built "STICK" airplanes and they actual FLEW.

I have this idea running around in my head to build the gas version and put a 101 in it and run it in the UNLIMITED Class.

BTW I had a shirt that was the color I wanted. I took the shirt to the PPG store in Birmingham and a guy in the store blended the color from just looking at the shirt and playing with colors. He matched the shirt perfectly. We had a great time in the paint store that Sat. when I go in they are alwasys asking if I brougth a shirt. Boating is alwasys lot of fun. In one of the other sections of IW were postings about hard to stay interested. To ME I can't quit thinking and planning something with a boat.
Looks great Doc. Dont take it to Charlston Mike Byer will swear its his just by the color LOL

Beau
Thanks, I actually enjoyed building the boat. In the past ,even 50 yrs ago, I built "STICK" airplanes and they actual FLEW.

I have this idea running around in my head to build the gas version and put a 101 in it and run it in the UNLIMITED Class.

Beau

Doc, I bet a whip with a 101 would be a great boat in unlimited. Of course, I'd put a ski on it :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Beau

Beau

Doc, I bet a whip with a 101 would be a great boat in unlimited. Of course, I'd put a ski on it :D
I may build it later this year. I have a twin to finish and a new 101 single hydro. I need to build a new 40 hydro. 2 CS 40 kits on the self. The present one I am running is about 12 yrs old and still runs well. So start doing the "MATH" on the life timeline.

Back