Tank in Whiplash 45

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Rick,

I have always been a firm believer in " there is always more than one way to skin the cat ." Mr. St.Clair's Scales and Sport 40 hydros that I have seen have always been great running boats and he is a pretty good driver, too. However, I have never seen a turn fin that was curved or had a hook in it on any of his boats.............only a straight fin on about a 15 degree angle. You would almost have to weight the RIGHT side of the boat to help keep the boat hooked up in the corners. The whole purpose of having the hooked/curved fin is to keep the boat on the water in the corners, especially in rough/race water. If we play with these boats long enough we will find a LOTof ways to get them to do what we want them too, huh? Your stuff runs pretty good too, by the way...............

Have a great New Year, my friend!

Dick Tyndall
Thanks Dick,,, I have gone away from the "flat" StClair fins, and now run your fins on all my stuff.

BUT,, I am a bit more conservative in my setups than most, longer pipes, smaller props, "basically" stock engines

I guess a few trips to Evansville convinced ya to try the hook LOL Ive had tanks on both sides its all about setup. But I do love my Zorro fins

The gen 1 radio set up was much easier than the gen 2 g1had more decktine space.it im currently doing a gen 1 ultra lite and the tanks wont be in the same place....true its all about set up but balance has something to do with the overall performance I've built many of these whiplashes and tested alot this is where the current build ideas are comming from

The gen 1 radio set up was much easier than the gen 2 g1had more decktine space.it im currently doing a gen 1 ultra lite and the tanks wont be in the same place....true its all about set up but balance has something to do with the overall performance I've built many of these whiplashes and tested alot this is where the current build ideas are comming from

Last edited by a moderator:
The tank was modified today and fits great. Mark Bullard's handiwork. He dod keep the measurements in case others want it. I did have to enlarge the opening in the hull to the max and a little gentle pressure on the stuffing box tube and it goes in COMES OUT. Fastened to the hull via a tab in screw through the bottom of the hull.

Back