SPORT 40 ROUND OR CHISEL NOSE

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not aware of a readily available sport 40 sized round nose glass hulls but the 1/16 scale garry finlay jones and karelsen plans are very good basis for an enlarged version.

and of course there are the 1/8 scale newton plans. numbers 101, 102, 103 and 106 being great examples. cutting parts is no fun but finding or making the correct cowl is the hardest part, imo.

seems like phil thomas has a big market for this hull if he can find a plug.

how about a 47 inch zippkit gas powered round nose ? best bargain in rc boating considering total cost , imo.

I'm looking for a SPORT 40 ROUND OR CHISEL NOSE any help please
Brian
Keep your eyes open on here someone may come up with a MTO hull, they are good but hard to get one.

ANYONE know who else makes a 36 inch roundnose?
Hi Phil,

That hull design of Tom Taggart's that Jay has posted a photo of is truly an exceptional performer. We'll talk Tom into shipping it to you, because I'd love to have one in your glass work !!!!!
You can do that Jim. I have some other cowls that would work on that boat too.

Let me know if Tom has one to loan. It doesnt have to be a perfect finished one I could refinish it for molding.

PHIL T

"ANYONE know who else makes a 36 inch roundnose?"

Some time ago, I saw a round nose based on the George Mueller L'l Hoss from the early 70s. The site address I have is www.barnstormer.com - tried it yesterday - says it's under construction. Here are a couple of pics of what they offered. The original was a Great hull. We raced them with the dykes ringed K&B 40 in the RAM Club and had a blast. Hull / engine was common, so it became a set up / prop / driver's ability game. I remember it as the most fun I've had in model boating. CHEERS !!! Bob Johnson

Some time ago, I saw a round nose based on the George Mueller L'l Hoss from the early 70s. The site address I have is www.barnstormer.com - tried it yesterday - says it's under construction. Here are a couple of pics of what they offered. The original was a Great hull. We raced them with the dykes ringed K&B 40 in the RAM Club and had a blast. Hull / engine was common, so it became a set up / prop / driver's ability game. I remember it as the most fun I've had in model boating. CHEERS !!! Bob Johnson
Yes we had some of those too. someone here on IW had a new one showing it latley.

Yes we had some of those too. someone here on IW had a new one showing it latley.
PHIL I just got them plans on the Sport 40 I'll let you know how it goes on the build.

Brian

Back