Sport 40 - new and a blast to drive!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished my new Mike Hallam - Miss Bee šŸ Havin. First time on the water in Las Vegas and have a few tweaks to make and it will be a winner for sure!

Attachments

• IMG_2187.jpeg
    IMG_2187.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2186.jpeg
    IMG_2186.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2185.jpeg
    IMG_2185.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2183.jpeg
    IMG_2183.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2182.jpeg
    IMG_2182.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2181.jpeg
    IMG_2181.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2184.jpeg
    IMG_2184.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 1
Looks great I have a Hallman also just wondering what prop is working for you
Canā€™t say for sure, for its first runs I simply used a worked over X457 that was pitched up a bit. It ran well and throttled up and down smoothly and could have spun more prop but I need to tweak things a bit, adjust the strut a bit with some negative angle and also add some front canard wings. The latest boats Mike has built he added those wings to settle the boat heading into to turns. With my initial set up and when I got it up to speed itā€™s was flighty, I need to work on getting its flight more neutral, itā€™s not far off, once there then I can start moving into my speed prop selection. Iā€™ll be better able to answer that question next spring.

That said the X457 was a great starting point though.

Very nice Doc, love the paint job. My prop selection is a Mark S recommendation and from experience of some racers in his district that are having success with this Hallam hull. Which one is the magic would be dependent on your running environment and overall set up I would think.

Last edited:
X457 sound to big to me...maybe X452 ish. Peak rpm is peak power, over prop you loose both. Don't know where your from but here in southern Indiana we use a ABC 1915.23.50/3 or 1917.23.50/3 stock & run 65 mph

My boat has only been in the water once and in Las Vegas this past week and my X457 worked fine and had good rpm. Youā€™re right, depending on where you live and your typical environment you may experience different results. I fully expect back in Alberta and at 3400 ft it may be different again.

Your smaller prop choices might be exactly right, have fun finding your sweet spot.

My boat has only been in the water once and in Las Vegas this past week and my X457 worked fine and had good rpm. Youā€™re right, depending on where you live and your typical environment you may experience different results. I fully expect back in Alberta and at 3400 ft it may be different again.

Your smaller prop choices might be exactly right, have fun finding your sweet spot.
Nice job Greg, looks great

Back