Sport 40 legality Question ..

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Terry,
You may want to take a close look at the bottom of the boat. Looks like a Phil Thomas hull. If it is and it's more than a year old, it will need to be modified to be legal in NAMBA.

Dennis
okay.... i thought that it was decided to allow that boat to be NAMBA legal without the mods....i guess i just cant keep up! HELP!

It was, the belly pan part of the rule was changed

Robert's the one that can't keep up.

Here is what i was planning on doing but would like to run in either NAMBA or IMPBA .How sticky would the clubs be if a visitor showed up and wanted to run.Or some day i went to the internats.Now that would be cool...

Also is there any issue with not running cunards on my sport 40 ?

Terry

we have a guy down here that runs a open cowl with the pipe sticking out and nothing gets said.if you go to namab3.net and go to pictures and then april 2008 broward race page 2 go to 14th pic on right side and see.blue and silver boat.

here is a short cut. http://namba3.net/Broward040802.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is what i was planning on doing but would like to run in either NAMBA or IMPBA .How sticky would the clubs be if a visitor showed up and wanted to run.Or some day i went to the internats.Now that would be cool...

Terry
This is not legal per the NAMBA rules for Sport-40II. If your Namba District 3 allows it then its not a problem. Districts can mod some rules to promote boating but if you were to race outside District 3 or at a Nationals event you may have a problem with it.

Namba does have a specific rule about the length of the Sponsons/tub/opening in relation to overall boat length. If you go to www.Namba.com you can figure it out pretty easily. I am not sure if the PT SS45 is NAMBA legal without the front wings/canards. The rules are pretty easy to figure out.

Good Luck, Sport 40 is a great class.

Robert

Terry
Our district 16 Namba rule book : must put fake exhaust cover on cowling or under pipe that is why ! If any club watch out any Sport 40 in some where district place so will be Disq!

I was surprised that IMPBA Any sport40 NO Problem!

I looked quickly but did not see the rule about cunard or length of the forks.Seem like a lot of rules and sub rules.Too Bad the two organizations could not imalgamate and have one set of rules and one governing body and make it user friendly to guys to build and run boats at all sites .

Or maybe it's just me and all the rules are for the good of the hobby :D

Terry

I looked quickly but did not see the rule about cunard or length of the forks.Seem like a lot of rules and sub rules.Too Bad the two organizations could not imalgamate and have one set of rules and one governing body and make it user friendly to guys to build and run boats at all sites .
Or maybe it's just me and all the rules are for the good of the hobby :D

Terry
its been an issue for years...

Terry,

here's a pic of the rule for the front sponsons/fork.

So if I read this right, if from the beginning of "B" to the end of "A" (since you removed the wing) gives you 25% or less than you are good to go?

Dan.

Yep that's how i figure it too dan and thanks a lot.The hull is 36" and 25% of that is 9" and I am 8.75" so i am good to go..

Whewwww eeee I did a lot of work to remove and repair that area and fill in the tunnel too.

T

Back