sport 21 boats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

namba276

Guys, I have a question to pose... If you would pay 150.00 or 200.00 for a kit boat,(that will take hours to complete) what would you pay for a paint ready hull. Wood constuction?

Thanks for your input. Bob Tuttle

Last edited by a moderator:
Bob, just PMed you back. I got my whiplash with cowl for 130.00 in kit form.
Ok, You will spend 20-40 hours building that boat, at best.

guys, please do give me your feedback. I'm interested in knowing what people think.

Thanks, Bob

Bob,

I have seen some HORRIFIC stuff people do. and to say that 400.00 is out of line,, na.

I think alot of people now a day's would rather buy it done than spend the time to build it. I guess the question to ask is are YOU ready to do all the work? lol

i would say in all seriousness 350.00 - 400.00 maybe 450.00 max

I know how much time i spend on my kits and it is alot of work as you know. How far are you looking to go.. turn key? or just painted and rigged as far as servo's?

hope i helped

chris

Bob,
I have seen some HORRIFIC stuff people do. and to say that 400.00 is out of line,, na.

I think alot of people now a day's would rather buy it done than spend the time to build it. I guess the question to ask is are YOU ready to do all the work? lol

i would say in all seriousness 350.00 - 400.00 maybe 450.00 max

I know how much time i spend on my kits and it is alot of work as you know. How far are you looking to go.. turn key? or just painted and rigged as far as servo's?

hope i helped

chris
I also agree here. Like I told Bob, its not out of manys price range, just mine. I liek building the boats, but as you said chris, many do not.

Chris,

I want to build boats ready for paint. I could do rtr if a person was willing to pay. mostly I want to build boats to help pay for my racing. I messed around with the epoxy boats and found that they just don't perform like a wood boat. with the cost of plywood, epoxy and ca it costs me just about 100. to build one. 300.00 labor for 40 hours work is about 7.50 a hour... I will build the 21 boats if anyone is interested.

Thanks, Bob

Chris,I want to build boats ready for paint. I could do rtr if a person was willing to pay. mostly I want to build boats to help pay for my racing. I messed around with the epoxy boats and found that they just don't perform like a wood boat. with the cost of plywood, epoxy and ca it costs me just about 100. to build one. 300.00 labor for 40 hours work is about 7.50 a hour... I will build the 21 boats if anyone is interested.

Thanks, Bob
Bob, I spent alot of money on my Eagle SGX and it was worth every penny. John Browns does some great boat building. will your boat come with a hardware package option. Maybe you should look at what they charge. They seem to sell alot of boats.

Post some pics of the boat you are willing to do this with.

Bob,

I understand totally.. I would set your price to what you feel is worth your time.. People say mine are pricy but in fact if you look at what you get.. it ain't at all.

I would do as stated and look at offering the boat with hardware and motor mounts.. The less option you have for people to put some rigged stuff in that won't work the better off you are..

I have seen two many people buy something that is proven.. rig it with stuff that is no good and blame the boat..

make it as fool proof as possible without building it all the way.

hope i helped.

chris

Guys, Thanks for the input. I can offer hardware kits if that makes a difference. When I buy a boat to race, I want the best available. Brown brothers do build the best rigger out there, bar none! They are not cheap, 800. + for a 45 boat. But it will race at 70 mph. awesome!! you most certainly get what you pay for.

Thanks guys, Bob

p.s. there are pics in my album (got wood?)

I paid 400 for my snake hull. It came with 2 tanks, machined aluminum mounts, custom rudder bracket that a speed master bolts to. The boat was 2 pods and a center section. You had to glue it together, rig it, and paint.

Mike

Back