Small LiFe Receiver Packs

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On my thread guy's. ??? Not a big deal.

My packs are real quality packs that are 20C/40C short burst

Everyone used to run my 1300's is every thing gas and even Superboat's but they were a 20C pack which is huge difference in ability to handle load.

1300 at 20C is 26 amp of power 1500 at 5C is only 7.5 amp of power.

They were actually 20C/40C burst so for short periods they could take 52 amp of load. Real packs !!! The only thing limiting current was 20 gauge wiring our RC systems use.

Those are 5C packs listed and are going to be bottom of the barrel in delivering any amperage. The discharge rating is pretty much how rugged the pack is built. 5C is about the lowest rating you see in hobby batteries. That is why they are so cheap. The lower C packs usually have a shorter life span because of the lighter duty quality of everything it is made of.

The lower the capacity the more important the C rating becomes. A 1500 with a 5C rating is weak.

A strong digital servo working hard could load that enough to have voltage fallout and brown out the receiver. Small boats probably ok but for gas and .67 up you would be loading that pack pretty good.

The ad for them is messed up one line it says 30C then in specs and on the pack it is clearly a 5C pack. While they may work it is not really a very good pack at all.

Whoever wrote it is clueless as Life fully charged is not 3.6 volt per cell. The charge voltage is 3.6 per cell. If the charger was still on it or just shut off maybe but they are not a LiPo and do not hold that voltage and return to 3.3-3.4 volt per cell pretty quickly.

The 30C and 54 amps is BS as they are 5C for 7.5 amps of safe discharge which is absolute bare minimum you could use. I would not use a 5C pack.

The 3.6 volt per cell is BS. 30C is comical. They are 5C.

dLfIZ66.jpg

Last edited:
Back