Seaducer

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelley

Hi Guys,

I am interested in purchaseing a 33" Seaducer SD3 20 Mono the Seaducer hardware and a CMB .21. I will have help with installation and set up from a experienced r/c boating friend. I was looking for a good solid running boat and I know Jerry makes the best! First, I was looking for photos of your Seaducer boats. Just wanted to get some ideas of good color combonations and get a look at your set ups. I will go by Jerry's directions to the letter. I think the Seaducer hulls are so nice and I hear nothing but good things on its handeling caracteristics.

Coupled with a Seaducer hull and Seaducer hardware I know the boat will run right. If you guys out there have any coments or helpfull hints I would appreciate them. Hope to hit the water this summer!

Thank you,

kelley

Hi Kelley and Welcome to the Forum! Get whatever color appeals to you. The brighter and louder the better. I take it you have seen Jerrys Color options on his Web Page. As far as visibility if you are racing , different colors will show up better at different times of the day and it also depends on the water color at that time. It's hard to find something that will be highly visible in all conditions. In my opinion, go with a metalflake top with a white bottom. They seem to show up better under most conditions. Oh and if you are going to heat race it, go ahead and knock a chunk out of the nose. That way it won't be so upsetting when it happens at the race! :D

Thanks for the reply and advice. There are may color combos. I like the "splatter." It is a hard choice. Anyway, one thing that concerns me and I hope someone out there can help me out. In Jerry's directions on hardware installation on the 33" 20 Mono SD3, he recomends trimming the rudder bracket so it will fit next to the strut bracket. I hate to trim anything. I am sure it is structually sund but hate to do something like that.

I have sen some Seaducers that no trimming of the rudder bracket was necessary. And have seen one so far that the bracket was trimmed. Is this trimming the new way or old way?

Thanks

kelley

Thanks for the reply and advice. There are may color combos. I like the "splatter." It is a hard choice. Anyway, one thing that concerns me and I hope someone out there can help me out. In Jerry's directions on hardware installation on the 33" 20 Mono SD3, he recomends trimming the rudder bracket so it will fit next to the strut bracket. I hate to trim anything. I am sure it is structually sund but hate to do something like that.
I have sen some Seaducers that no trimming of the rudder bracket was necessary. And have seen one so far that the bracket was trimmed. Is this trimming the new way or old way?

Thanks

kelley

Kelley,

Jerry told me the new 33" SD3 models are slightly more narrow from the prior edition 30" SD3 models. My son has one of the very last 3 30" models made. Trimming is necessary to fit it in if I recall him correctly. Been told time after time, either follow Jerry's instructions EXACTLY or have him do it. Since I am strictly a rigger guy, Jerry did my son's for me.

Scott's recommendation for the metallic is very good. They have high resale value as they are really sharp looking. Some guys do not not like the splatter look. All personal preference however.

John

. Oh and if you are going to heat race it, go ahead and knock a chunk out of the nose. That way it won't be so upsetting when it happens at the race! :D

I'm still laughing five minutes later, funny, but true. I have a metal-flake blue with white splash/white bottom. somedays its easy to see somedays not. Its when it goes deadboat that worries me the most. Its tough to pick up sitting still in the water.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scott's recommendation for the metallic is very good. They have high resale value as they are really sharp looking. Some guys do not not like the splatter look. All personal preference however.
I sorta like the splatter look, but then again Scott's metal flake boats sure are purty! :lol:

Thanks for your input on this. I think a lime green top and a white bottom. I see alot of lime green tops. My first thought was a red top, but like the green better. I know all the colors work and it is a personal choice.

kelley

Back