RTR Scale boats for sell

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next time one of you builds a scale boat from scratch, I challenge you to keep ALL the receipts for the components and misc. items you buy for that build. Now this means not borrowing parts from an old boat you have laying around.

Once you add up all the receipts at the end of the build, I bet you will be surprised at how much it REALLY costs. :unsure: I know I was! I'm not trying to slam anyone here, I just want to inform people that scales cost a LOT more than we think, especially when adding up all the little things that we didn't think mattered when estimating what our total cost might be. :blink:

No Kidding Jeff! I made the mistake of doing just that when I did a re-paint of my 69' Pak. Threw all the receipts into a box and then after Lee and I were done, emptied the box and added them up ..... more than $425... just for paint. FORGET the quality HVLP Paint gun, in line water-trap, regulator, Respirators, compressor, Paint Booth, etc., ... all that stuff is free (Yeah Right)! Let's see. PPG Concept Primer, Silver, Black, Clear, Color (Lt Persimmon Metallic), reducers, ... and that's NOT any GRAPHICS either... just paint... OK, you got me, there are a couple rolls of Fineline in there and maybe some 1/16" orange pinstripe. I had to use my FREE-Labor to have the graphics made, or hand-cut stuff as requiered. Also, no labor charges for the week it took Lee and I to get it done... every night.

Beginners should "BUY A USED BOAT", they are cheap, no matter what the price (including the ones listed in this thread, although I don't know a thing about them specifically). Learn if you like the sport, and how to do things better as time goes on. If you don't like the sport, or the challenges, sell the boat, and move on.

David

P.S. - Glenn, I always knew you were Crazy!!! No more free Pak stuff from ME! :eek: :p :lol: Don't make me post my receipts....

Last edited by a moderator:
P.S. - Glenn, I always knew you were Crazy!!! No more free Pak stuff from ME! Don't make me post my receipts....
Hey David,

I was really counting on you for the new thread I was going to start......"How to build a $750.00 scale" :lol: :lol:

Now I can see that's not going to happen :p

P.S. - Glenn, I always knew you were Crazy!!! No more free Pak stuff from ME! Don't make me post my receipts....
Hey David,

I was really counting on you for the new thread I was going to start......"How to build a $750.00 scale" :lol: :lol:

Now I can see that's not going to happen :p

Sorry to call you out ...ole buddy! :D What the heck, I've got a lot of paint.... to suit your taste.... :p ... go ahead....

P.S. - I'll tell David and Roger to bring Batteries, Servos, and some other stuff based on your price list... I don't think he'll need any plugs... you make sure you have some for him... he'll give you a spankin'... but I'm a little afraid you'll like it... :)

DJ

I was actually serious about those prices I listed........brand new!

Ebay#s

220123304361 Hitec 3-Channel FM 75MHz Receiver $27.99

220147346884 Hitec 645MG High-Torque BB Steering Servo 27.99

320154922921 Hitec HS-81 Micro Servo $12.98

1/4 x 24" cable with ferrule $16.95 Actually got 50% off this price.....hobby shop was closing.

IMG_0354.jpg

I think what I'm trying to say is " David, bring those glow plugs with you!" :p

Back