round nose Oberto

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know if the round nose drop sponson Oberto ever ran with a full cowling?
Never. Sorry
Thanks Harry.

I guess the easier question might be what drop sponson round nose boats ran with a full cowling? Already got pics of the '62-'63 Notre Dame but looking at others as well.
default_smile.png

63U7Detroit.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
the HARM round bow 6133 did not run in Oberto colors but did run with front cowl

the HARM pointed bow 6207 ran with front cowl in ND colors among others

pictures of some dropped sponson boats with front cowls below

_61_Supertest.jpg

1960_Nitrogen_Too-1.jpg

1970_U-4_Burien_Lady_Hull_6207.jpg

1983_Tosti_Asti-1.jpg

c4a076be76e423db05297a6826c2eb42_fn4c.png

u9mmdc.jpg

Miss Lumberville 1962 Presidents Cup.jpg

I'm still leaning towards the Notre Dame but it's interesting how I've seen pics where the blue seems to range from a sky blue to a medium metallic and even a dark metallic like on the '72-'73 boat.................

63U7Detroit.PNG

1963 NotreDamerunning.jpg

I was planning on doing the Notre Dame but since nobody has been able to tell me the correct paint code for the blue and in every pic the blue seems a little different I'm looking at options..................
default_wacko.png

I was planning on doing the Notre Dame but since nobody has been able to tell me the correct paint code for the blue and in every pic the blue seems a little different I'm looking at options..................
default_wacko.png
I'm partial to the Nitrogen, if didn't already have my 59, I would build the drop sponson design - the combination of the yellow, blue and cleared mahogany is a really sharpe look, always a fan eye catcher!

default_wacko.png
ND light blue 1962 - 1968

I recommend Rustoleum Spa Blue

http://www.vintagehydroplanes.com/albums/crimmin/crimmin_1.html
I hear ya Dave but then there's shots like this from '63 in Detroit, definitely not a sky blue-

1963 NotreDamerunning.jpg

default_wacko.png
ND light blue 1962 - 1968

I recommend Rustoleum Spa Blue

http://www.vintagehydroplanes.com/albums/crimmin/crimmin_1.html
I hear ya Dave but then there's shots like this from '63 in Detroit, definitely not a sky blue-
Do you think it might because the background is very dark?

Latest posts

Back