rebuilding a Dumas 1/8 hydro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr Sport 40

The plans did call for the fuel tank to be up front , but i have been told by may to put the radio box up in front of the motor.So that is where i have put it. The boat was mostly done when i purchaced it. Here is the picture of it the day i got it. my gallery

But i have made a bunch of changes to her, i'll post some pictures in a couple week when i have the motor in her.

The motor should go as far forward as the cowl will allow right???

thanks again for everyone support.

OK we are finally getting some where on this boat. Now i need to start figuring out the pipe length. I have done a little research into this , but I'm not sure what exactly my rotor timing is. I'm planning on using a rebuilt .67 CMD motor , but i have very little information on the motors. Is there a way to measure the motors timing.

Thanks

Tom

Tom.....this is a bit off topic but was curious to know if you

were related to the Hedlund's that raced/built stock outboard

boats back in the 50's/60's era.

Just Curious,

Ron Saxvik

Thanks for the info, Would the owners manual cover the recommended pipe? Is the lenght of a 11 3/4 overal lenght of pipe or is that from center of plug to center of convergent?

Is the angle of the pipe to the header too extreme, should i try to bend the header? really this one points to my gallery

Last edited by a moderator:
Back