RCMD T5 Hull Questions

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

f41stryker

Alright I've given the directions for this hull a couple thorough readings and a couple of questions keep arising.

1. What is the angle that you set the vertical wings at? In the manual it never really says what angle they should be set at? Also, instead of using stainless or any metal hardware, I'd like to use nylon, should I just use the same 6-32 nylon scews in place of the metal ones?

2. Throttle linkage, I assume a standard 4-40 rod would suffice?

3. For the front horizontal canard, it says to use nylon L mounts (I'm assuming 90 degree mounts), is this a Goldberg product? Also, how would I go about making the rear of the canard's mount adjustable?

4. Motor mount-where should the motor be mounted on the physical mounts themselves? What should the mounting holes be drilled out with and tapped with?

Also I called Larry Kraemer and left a message, I missed his call and I don't want to get into phone tag with him as he informed me he's working nights and I work days. Does anyone have an email address for him? Thanks, Chris

Alright I've given the directions for this hull a couple thorough readings and a couple of questions keep arising.

1. What is the angle that you set the vertical wings at? In the manual it never really says what angle they should be set at? Also, instead of using stainless or any metal hardware, I'd like to use nylon, should I just use the same 6-32 nylon scews in place of the metal ones?

The slots for the wing mounts are marked on the hull, If you cut the slots there the verticals will have the correct angle with the horizontal wing installed. Using nylon screws the same size would be ok.

2. Throttle linkage, I assume a standard 4-40 rod would suffice?

2-56 or 4-40 ok

3. For the front horizontal canard, it says to use nylon L mounts (I'm assuming 90 degree mounts), is this a Goldberg product? Also, how would I go about making the rear of the canard's mount adjustable?

Yes the 90 degree L is a goldberg part or something else could be used.

4. Motor mount-where should the motor be mounted on the physical mounts themselves? What should the mounting holes be drilled out with and tapped with?

Mount it in the center, check fro clearance of the carb and linkages.

PHIL T

Also I called Larry Kraemer and left a message, I missed his call and I don't want to get into phone tag with him as he informed me he's working nights and I work days. Does anyone have an email address for him? Thanks, Chris

thanks guys!
Hey Chris let us know how it goes.

I sent out the new saltwater scoop for your BUD boat, fits on the front of the air scoop just like the full size one. It came out nice and this will give everyone a different version of many boats that could be done with this hull.

Back