Radiobox Sealant Material

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcvnd

Supporting Member
I am looking for some sort of rubberized material to make a gasket out of for sealing my radio boxes. I have a rubber gasket now (black in the picture) that I place under the polycarbonate lid, but need something more pliable to make a better seal. I also need it in sheet form so I can cut out a gasket. I have searched Mcmaster Carr but I am not sure what is appropriate. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Cheers,

Kevin

3922204296_f977fcee97_o.jpg

I am looking for some sort of rubberized material to make a gasket out of for sealing my radio boxes. I have a rubber gasket now (black in the picture) that I place under the polycarbonate lid, but need something more pliable to make a better seal. I also need it in sheet form so I can cut out a gasket. I have searched Mcmaster Carr but I am not sure what is appropriate. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Cheers,

Kevin

Kevin, I just buy the 1/8 black rubber foam 1/2 inch wide-pretty spongey and pliable. Glue em down with clear silicone and then I put a thin(1/32" approx.) layer of Dow Corning 111 on the top. It's a non hardening silicone lubricant normally used on O-rings. I don't know where you would buy the sheet to cut out one piece seals. Hope this helps.

P.S. Great looking Scale!

Glenn

Cheers,

Kevin

Kevin, I just buy the 1/8 black rubber foam 1/2 inch wide-pretty spongey and pliable. Glue em down with clear silicone and then I put a thin(1/32" approx.) layer of Dow Corning 111 on the top. It's a non hardening silicone lubricant normally used on O-rings. I don't know where you would buy the sheet to cut out one piece seals. Hope this helps.

P.S. Great looking Scale!

Glenn
Thanks Glenn

Kevin,you should have asked me at the lake Sunday.I have some sheet rubber membrane used for roofing.I believe its called 44 mill rubber roofing and about 1/16" thick.I put it down with Shoe Goo or silicone on the bottom and lithium grease on top.Then of course screw it down.Grease can easily be wiped off at end of the day.Just yell out and you'll find that between us on a Sunday that we have enough stuff to build a boat.Let me know how much you need.

Harvey

Back