Radio glitches??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If your battery takes a dump or the Amps start to fall it will show up here more than most places. The air here is HAMMERED by ATF from the airport. Signal strength or in this case battery strength is MAX.......... As I Too have wood in the shore line.

But also to that, I have had great success running here with no problem............ What we do not know about our pond is how close is the local ham operators??

Last edited by a moderator:
If your battery takes a dump or the Amps start to fall it will show up here more than most places. The air here is HAMMERED by ATF from the airport. Signal strength or in this case battery strength is MAX.......... As I Too have wood in the shore line.
But also to that, I have had great success running here with no problem............ What we do not know about our pond is how close is the local ham operators??
Or if someone in the nearby construction area had a gas engine with a bad coil or capacitor. I saw 7 scale boats go wild while in the final one year when a guy cutting grass on a POS got too close. Ever seen 7 scale boats totally uncontrollable believe me i wont forget it.............

Last edited by a moderator:
I have used my 3PM Fasst at the Atlanta Spring Nats the last 2 years. I also use a lipo batt in the radio and regulated lipos in the boats. My antenna is straight up out of the box and I can gladly say I have not had even a glitch at the Atlanta pond or anywhere else. Futaba Fasst is the best system on the planet. ;)

Buck,
Only problem with FASST is to the non users.. CUZ they are going to be chasing you around the pond..

ROCK ON FASST

Grim

O yea.. thanks Bill for covering that one for me.. I knew all the details about the reasons for battery chemistry but thought I would let it play out.. and it did.

Quick question. If we're suppost to use NiCAD batteries on Futaba receivers, why does the Aquaglass VS-1 manual recommend DuraTrax 5 cell 6V NiMH using the 3PK or 4PK radios?

John

Quick question. If we're suppost to use NiCAD batteries on Futaba receivers, why does the Aquaglass VS-1 manual recommend DuraTrax 5 cell 6V NiMH using the 3PK or 4PK radios?
John
As I stated above, the Nicd only recommendation is based on making sure your receiver pack can deliver the proper voltage under load. If you use good NiMH cells that do not drop off under load too much then you are fine. AA cells are typically the worst NiMH cells for this. I use 1500 and 2000 mAh Elite NiMH cells. They have very low internal impedance and hold up nicely under load.

While of course its "against the futaba guide lines", myself, Norman Morton, Matt Gunn, and Brendt

"Trini" all use the FASST system in our boats, all with the antenna inside the radio box (cept for my whiplash as there was no safe way to keep it inside). None of us have had radio issues at our pond because of it. I also use LiPo RX pack w/ regulator in my boats.

Regarding the HAM radio operators in the area... there are 41 FCC registered "HAMsters" in College Park alone. How many of those are active, who knows.

Latest posts

Back