Racing in Yuma, AZ

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 6667

Going out for a week in July and looking to see if there is anywhere to run?

regards.

jack land

None that I have ever heard about. They have an RC airplane club but no boat clubs that I've heard about. Plus I do not recall having ever seen anyone from Yuma at a District 19 race. And a week in Yuma in July?? You can leave the sweater at home for sure!!!

if yo uhave time while you are there, you will have to go over to Scottsdale to do some running with the scottsdale model boaters.

carl

I was kinda figuring that yuma was empty and scottsdale/phoenix was were i would need to go.

Plans are i will also be in peoria that week to visit some relatives so i'll try to get more info on that boating area closer to the time i come out.

i can relate to the heat out there as i used to do business trips to scottsdale.

thanks to all you guys for your replies.

regards,

jack

if yo uhave time while you are there, you will have to go over to Scottsdale to do some running with the scottsdale model boaters.
carl
Yep, just hop on the Freeway (I-10) and head east. 200 miles later you'll be there. About a 3:15 drive. Easy!!! B)

They run at a pond on the northwest corner of Indian School Road and Hayden Road is Scottsdale

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=33....mp;t=h&z=17

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to go north on the 95 to get to the I-10 from Yuma :)

All that Colorado river there and not model boat club. Too bad! I always bring a boat or two when I hit the river with the 1:1 boat.

carl
Yep, just hop on the Freeway (I-10) and head east. 200 miles later you'll be there. About a 3:15 drive. Easy!!! B)

They run at a pond on the northwest corner of Indian School Road and Hayden Road is Scottsdale

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=33....mp;t=h&z=17

Yep, I forgot my freeways. It is I-8 in Yuma, but you can hook up with I-10 south of town to go north into Scottsdale. I-8 and I-10 intersect at Casa Grande. I-10 west from there takes you right into the Phoenix metropolitan area.

You can go north on 95 out of Yuma to I-10 or take 85 north at Gila Bend.

Point is, Yuma ain't exactly right next door to Scottsdale!!

And last I was through Yuma there was not a whole bunch of water in the "River". In fact people do not realize this but almost no water from the Colorado actually gets to the Gulf of California any more. It sort of flows out into a big salt flat now.

Yep, I forgot my freeways. It is I-8 in Yuma, but you can hook up with I-10 south of town to go north into Scottsdale. I-8 and I-10 intersect at Casa Grande. I-10 west from there takes you right into the Phoenix metropolitan area.

You can go north on 95 out of Yuma to I-10 or take 85 north at Gila Bend.

Point is, Yuma ain't exactly right next door to Scottsdale!!

And last I was through Yuma there was not a whole bunch of water in the "River". In fact people do not realize this but almost no water from the Colorado actually gets to the Gulf of California any more. It sort of flows out into a big salt flat now.

I usually make it out to Yuma at least once a month. Either to the river or the Jeep trails. You are right about the water down there! I have a sterndrive boat and 4 feet of water is deep on the main portion of the river!

Back