QUESTIONABLE SCALE HULL

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much work do you want to do to it Rick? It almost looks like it was patterned after the Fritz Bud hull as the canoes look similar but the cockpit, tub and nose are not the same. It's too wide to be NAMBA legal as a Bud boat and quite a few others if what it says is true about 24" wide. In fact, most measurements on the roster are well shy of 24".

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to go check but all 3 of my scale boats are 24" and fall within the 10% rule in IMPBA. May be NAMBA is different, I don't know. It looks to me that with a few cocpit modifications it could be several boats from the 90s. You could get wings from just about anybody. I would want to know the empty weight before I bought it. I've never heard of that company before.

"I had to go check but all 3 of my scale boats are 24" and fall within the 10% rule in IMPBA. May be NAMBA is different, I don't know. "

Wes,

What Master Hull Roster (MHR) are you using for dimensions? NAMBA and R/C Unlimited MHR give you a range which includes the +/-10%. I see 9401, 9601 Buds max widths to be 23.65" and 23.93" respectfully. IMPBA I year trial changes Engine and Boat Specifications to read: "All models must be of a real unlimited hydroplane listed in the APBA Master Hull Roster list." I have yet to find a MHR from the APBA, only R/C Unlimiteds Master Hull Roster or NAMBA 1/8 Scale Unlimited Hydroplane Master hull Roster appear to be available. CHEERS !!! Bob Johnson

"I had to go check but all 3 of my scale boats are 24" and fall within the 10% rule in IMPBA. May be NAMBA is different, I don't know. "Wes,

What Master Hull Roster (MHR) are you using for dimensions? NAMBA and R/C Unlimited MHR give you a range which includes the +/-10%. I see 9401, 9601 Buds max widths to be 23.65" and 23.93" respectfully. IMPBA I year trial changes Engine and Boat Specifications to read: "All models must be of a real unlimited hydroplane listed in the APBA Master Hull Roster list." I have yet to find a MHR from the APBA, only R/C Unlimiteds Master Hull Roster or NAMBA 1/8 Scale Unlimited Hydroplane Master hull Roster appear to be available. CHEERS !!! Bob Johnson
First the IMPBA one year trial is over & the scale changes passed unanimously, they are now officially part of the IMPBA scale rules. Second, the Master Hull Roster is easily accessible via the R/C Unlimiteds website and they are gracious enough to post the MHR for all to reference from. And lastly if some CD busts someone's balls over .070" hull width discrepancy then they need to remember this is still a HOBBY.

OK OK OK I was measuring over the top of the hulls. (as I'm sure the seller did) I used a straight edge and the hulls are 23.29", and 23.25" I apologize for the confusion. I sure don't want to upset anybody...............just woop da butt on the race track.

Like I said guys the max width I saw on any boat really was 23.93" Both the NAMBA and APBA MHRs are almost exactly the same in dimensions. The only differences might be a boat that might be in one but not the other. I'm actually getting ready to publish the 2007 NAMBA MHR within the next week or so with all of the 2007 boats. Would I hassle someone over .070"? To be honest I'm not sure we could get a measurement that precise without a lot more work than it is worth. I'm sure you could make it work into something Rick is just a matter of how much of a project would you want it to be?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a newb here...but I thought rear shoes were not legal on a sport hydro...no?? In the second picture down on the left column, it looks like the bottom has some rear shoes molded into it.

Sean

Gaday Guys

It looks a hell of alot like the MHZ Miss Bud hull the sponsons are the same on the underside .re the sponsons looking out of scale i think the photo's become all out of proportion when he has uploaded it

Back