question about sport 40 holding cowl on

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ww29

what is best way to hold the turbine cowling on a phil thomas sport 40 besides using aeromarine cowl locks?

what is best way to hold the turbine cowling on a phil thomas sport 40 besides using aeromarine cowl locks?
Aeromarine cowl locks are the best bet. Ive seen it all and unless you have extra cowls its the way to go......Mike Ps i might have a used but good fin for you......Mike

I too use them on the my sport 20 but the cowl has a lip that hooks on over the front of the boat so they work fine.

The PT ss45 does not have this lip and the cowl would be more prone to slide off the magnets and and blow off.

I have been considering my options as well and unless a hooking mechanism was used at the front of the cowl I do not think the magnets would hold.

A simple aluminum hooking device and a slit to match it placed in the nose of the boat would be easy to do.

Then I think the magnets would be fine.

I think the aeromarine hold downs do not look the best and seem to be a bit sloppy in my opinion,Maybe it is how they were installed.

They came on this boat and i may change them out for something different.

Mike how bout them pictures you slacker...

Terry

there is only one :D .. Small, light.. Stanless Steel and VERY stong..
Set of two

Grim
The push button Speedmaster type cowl lock is available at Tower too

Is there a L mount for these?

AquaCraft Push Button Cowl Locks (2) LXMNM0 (Tower Hobbies)

LXMNO

AquaCraft Grimracer Cowl Locks (2) LXMHB4 (Tower Hobbies)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back