pull cord

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinslip

Geez, my boat hasn't even seen water yet and the pull cord wont catch anymore. Is there a common problem with pull cords on RCMK RZ254?

Geez, my boat hasn't even seen water yet and the pull cord wont catch anymore. Is there a common problem with pull cords on RCMK RZ254?
Not sure, I use the EZ start assemblies on the Zen( from Gizmotors). I'll send one of the original Zenoah pull starters for postage if you're interested.

I believe you had to shim the starter out a bit depending on the motor mount used. Mine works just fine......

My starter was fine at the start but not now. I have to pull really fast for the dogs to engage and that's no good. But glenng gave me the solution with the EZ start. I didn't know such a thing existed...so I'll order one right now. Thanks guys

Norm

no matter which pull start you use you need to space it correctly.

Look at the starter paw in the pull start and see if it has been ovaled. This is the indication that your spacing is too close.

If it has been ovaled it is harder of it to come out to ingage the starter dog.

Pull the cord and watch the paw with it off of the motor.

Latest posts

Back