PT sport40

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glenng

Hi All, A friends sport40 acted a bit strange last week-like the title said it would slow down and surge in the straights and pick up speed in the corners. Hull: PT sport 40, Eng. cmb HR45, prop X447, AB billet pipe. Boat ran great a few weeks ago-only thing changed was the remote needle(BV to russian). Anyone had this happen or know the cause?

Thanks,

Glenn

Check on tank's brass tube crack, pipe's pressure fitting block and silcon tube leak Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds to me like it's just on the lean side
Thanks Rick, I'll pass this info on to Tony. Been using Boris's flow meters. Still having a heck of a time getting any consistant results.seems like we have to run lower readings than you guys at sea level.We are just over 4000 ft. elevation here.

Thanks again.

Glenn

Thanks Rick, I'll pass this info on to Tony. Been using Boris's flow meters. Still having a heck of a time getting any consistant results.seems like we have to run lower readings than you guys at sea level.We are just over 4000 ft. elevation here.

Thanks again.

Glenn
AB Billet pipe was too short at your 4000ft and no enough power Set up 10.50" put extra long 2.5" pipe Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Check on tank's brass tube crack, pipe's pressure fitting block and silcon tube leak Good Luck!
Thank you Allen, I thought it might have been a fuel problem-ran into a similar situation with a different boat last week-small hole in the silicone tubing. spitting out fuel while re-fueling and posiably sucking air into the line creating air bubbles.

Appreciate your reply.

Thanks,

Glenn

Thanks again.

Glenn
AB Billet pipe was too short at your 4000ft and no enough power Set up 10.50" put extra long 2.5" pipe Good Luck!
Allen, I think the billet pipe was set at 10.5". The boat pulled a P-230 a couple weeks ago under the same conditions-same pipe length and really hauled.

Thanks,

Glenn

I thought if it picked up speed in corners it was rich unless the prop is unloading and that's when it's hitting pipe. Are you using the fine russian on the 45

Last edited:
I thought if it picked up speed in corners it was rich unless the prop is unloading and that's when it's hitting pipe. Are you using the fine russian on the 45
No, It's the coarse with the silver nut on top.

Thanks,

Glenn

If your only change was the BV to the Russian needle. I would think, especially since you stated yourself that its inconsistent, the needle is leaking. Put the flow meter on it, and flick the needle giving it a similar bounce as to what water does, I bet your flow meter moves. Put an inline needle that you can count on for a test. I have had those needles leak before right out of the package. Ken

If your only change was the BV to the Russian needle. I would think, especially since you stated yourself that its inconsistent, the needle is leaking. Put the flow meter on it, and flick the needle giving it a similar bounce as to what water does, I bet your flow meter moves. Put an inline needle that you can count on for a test. I have had those needles leak before right out of the package. Ken
Thanks for the tip Ken, Hope it's not the needle-I'm the guy that sold it to him!!! :eek: :eek: :D

Thanks again.

Glenn
Thanks Allen, Pipe was too short.

Thanks, Glenn :)

Thanks again.

Glenn
Thanks Allen, Pipe was too short.

Thanks, Glenn :)
EXELLENT!!!! B)

Back