Prop for Dumas pay n Pak

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Miller

Supporting Member
Dumas Pay n Pak with K&B 3.5, macs pipe, having trouble getting the boat to plane off. If I give it a swift chuck when launching it will take off nicely but the boat can't get on the pipe without help. I have tried the following props.

X437/3 (I thought this was going to be the right prop, worked well in AK in October but not good here in SC)

X640 (has been successful a few times)

X438

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Scott

If the X640 seemed to work, you may want to try an X440 or a 1440. Just out of curiosity, where does the boat balance at? If the boat balances too far aft, this could be part of the problem

HJ,

Yes I also thought of the CG being too far aft. I kept as much of the radio equipment as far forward as I could (not many choices though). I have not measured the CG yet to see where its at. After taking a closer look at my props, I do have a X440/3. I'll give that a try. My eight year old wants to know why the Pak is so slow now (after we moved) lol !.

Regards,

Scott

Hi Grim,

The pipe is a MACS 1325 currently set at 9 3/4". I appreciate your input but I think the issue is finding the right prop again. The x437/3 worked well back in Alaska. It makes sense to me that the hull needs more prop now that I am in charleston SC.

Scott

Back