Planking the deck

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
did you get a radio box with it or are you adding your own. The box that came with mine is very cramped and restricts your battery options. what kind of r's does that nova spin? should make a nice lite runner.

Well I got her all back together, hopefully I'll get a chance to head to the lake this weekend.

102_2311.jpg

102_2313.jpg

102_2302.jpg

102_2301.jpg

stan ive been following this thread since the start,,,,,i love this little thunder boat... where did the hull come from???

thing looks sharp man,, and i love the dark base against the mahogony... saaaaaaaweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!

alden

thanks for the link stan... ill be keeping an eye on this thread for some video footage... i looked through your youtube channel and didnt see any vids of this hull but my eyes are peeled...

alden

thanks for the link stan... ill be keeping an eye on this thread for some video footage... i looked through your youtube channel and didnt see any vids of this hull but my eyes are peeled...
alden
hot **** that is the exact hull .. nice and it is white i might have to get that and not build my red one..hummm.

tk

alden
hot **** that is the exact hull .. nice and it is white i might have to get that and not build my red one..hummm.

tk
Alden you're welcome

Terry, it's actually not the same, the ebay hull has a flat bottom sponson with a step

ebay hull bottom view

185431315_o.jpg

bottom of miss emilys sponson

DSCN0331.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
alden

tk

T, its close but not the same. If you will notice stans has a nice clean angle from the back of the sponson to the transom,,which i like more,,..the ebay jobber has the angle aggresively tapered from the half way point to the transom..

Just my observation..

Here are a couple of videos from yesterday. Water was pretty rough with lots of boat traffic, but still managed to get some run time in. I need to go out one night this week after work when the waters smooth to get some good testing in.

Youtube video

Youtube vid

Looks like a little more fine tuning is needed, though it does look good. I'd be looking at strut setting and/or adding a little nose weight to keep if glued down a little bit more. All in all, a nice job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back