Pictures needed

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Kevin .

Have a look at the Newton Marine website and there was a complete painted boat listed on here for sale ~ 30.1.2010 .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia

Hello Kevin .

Have a look at the Newton Marine website and there was a complete painted boat listed on here for sale ~ 30.1.2010 .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia
Thanks Ian! Anyone else have some pictures? Also looking for a way to make the front sponson support! That spans between the sponsons.

How about this?

Lincoln Thrift 2008 Spencer Park.jpg

I've had a hard time keeping the sponson support on mine. It either gets broken during heat racing, or someone in the retrieve boat trys to pick it by the support and breaks it.

Josh-

kevin,

there are a few photos in the cdenslow.smugmug.com unlimited hydros SCANNED gallery, 1974 - 1976. might not be the exact same boat you're building but similar.

check all of the older scanned photos , may be others.

the newtonmarine.smugmug.com galleries may have your photo but difficult to see the images.

check the billophoto.com hydroplane photos collections ( bill osborn photography )

also check unlimitedsdetroit .com photo archive using the search feature.

and finally, look at the beautiful 1/10 sale electrics on the classicthunder.org and E-RCU.org websites. these guys research their projects very thoroughly and their models are great references.

good luck,

dave

Last edited by a moderator:
kevin,

there are a few photos in the cdenslow.smugmug.com unlimited hydros SCANNED gallery, 1974 - 1976. might not be the exact same boat you're building but similar.

the newtonmarine.smugmug.com galleries may have your photo but difficult to see the images.

check the billophoto.com hydroplane photos collections ( bill osborn photography )

and finally, look at the beautiful 1/10 sale electrics on the classicthunder.org and E-RCU.org websites. these guys research their projects very thoroughly and their models are great references.

good luck,

dave
Thanks Dave that was very helpful!

kevin,

good luck,

dave
Thanks Dave that was very helpful!

Kevin,

I'll send you some pics of all the variations of the Thrift.

I use a aluminum (K&S) Streamline tubing 3/8" wide, and run an 1/8" K&S steel rod thru it, make it as long as possible so you have at least 2" in each sponson, rubber gromet to finish the holes at the sponsons with a little shoe gue,goop adhesive cement to keep it in place.

Kevin,

I'll send you some pics of all the variations of the Thrift.

I use a aluminum (K&S) Streamline tubing 3/8" wide, and run an 1/8" K&S steel rod thru it, make it as long as possible so you have at least 2" in each sponson, rubber gromet to finish the holes at the sponsons with a little shoe gue,goop adhesive cement to keep it in place.
Joe Thanks for the pictures they were a big help. Much appreciated!!!!!

Latest posts

Back