Picco North America Update

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Hallam

I talked to Picco this morning and my shipment has finally been released by Picco. UPS picked it up from their factory today. We'll see how fast UPS is at getting it cleared thru Customs. I'll let everyone know the moment I have it in my hands.

Also, I have had a large order of stainless flywheel collets made and have them here ready to ship with the engines.

Mike Hallam

Hallam Marine Hobby

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for keeping us informed, Mike, I really appreciate that. The stainless steel flywheel collets are a great Idea, people should really take those. Ken

I talked to Picco this morning and my shipment has finally been released by Picco. UPS picked it up from their factory today. We'll see how fast UPS is at getting it cleared thru Customs. I'll let everyone know the moment I have it in my hands.Also, I have had a large order of stainless flywheel collets made and have them here ready to ship with the engines.

Mike Hallam

Hallam Marine Hobby
What do the stainless collets cost or are you just putting those in for free.

Robert

I had to put in a bulk order to get them made. I've got enough collets to last a while. They are $ 6 each. As Ken said, they are a must for the Picco 45 engine.

Engines are now in Canada. UPS say they can clear them quickly unless Customs slows the process down with questions.

I hope to have them in a couple of days.

Definitely get the SS collet. I had a nice running Picco once.... then it ate the brass collet, and ate itself after ingesting the junk.

Glad to see the Piccos back.

~James

I now have the engines and parts in my hands. UPS got the engines to me in 48 hours which I thought was unbelievable.

I will start mailing the ordered engines tomorrow. If you have not had a Picco 45 in the past, you will need a header and also a stainless flywheel collet. CMB headers will not fit.

If anyone needs a parts listing, please email me at [email protected].

The new Picco 45's are available for North America through Mike Hallam and retail for $410 USD. Contact him if you want one.

John,

Your engine has been modified by Frank Orlic and it was shipped today.

By the way, Frank said that this is the best machining he has seen on any engine of any size from any manufacturer.

The end of this month will mark the end of the Picco 45 promotion where shipping is included in the pricing. I have a few engines left from my initial order so if anyone wants one at the lower price and shipping included, now is the time to speak for one.

Happy boating.

Mike Hallam

Guys,

I got a new Picco 45 blue head engine a couple of months ago. Due to knee surgery, I was not able to test it until last week for the first time. Even after lapping the piston to the sleeve, the fit and compression were very tight. I ran it several times very rich and progressively starting to lean it down while heat cycling while in the straights and turns. The engine is very fast and I have not even got close to breaking it in or reaching top speed. It will stay rich for a while yet. It ran very smooth, good low, mid range and higher range speeds.

As I noted before, Picco has made better improvements to the rod and piston that make it much better than even the last version blackheads. I have found this Picco and the last version of the blackhead to be better running than the 45RS (not trying to start a war) for my applications in a rigger. You cannot go wrong with this engine.

For North America, see or contact Mike Hallam for the engines and parts. Neil Rogers can help with other areas. Mike's e mail address is [email protected] - phone is (519) 471-9061

Last edited by a moderator:
The end of this month will mark the end of the Picco 45 promotion where shipping is included in the pricing. I have a few engines left from my initial order so if anyone wants one at the lower price and shipping included, now is the time to speak for one.

Happy boating.

Mike Hallam
Mike, Would you send me about 3 or 4 gaskets for the carb. Gary Turner, 3509 South Woodridge Road, Birmingham, Al. 35223. Thanks Doc

Back