PAY N PAK

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good. I too have this hull. They run just like an outrigger when you have them set up and dialed in. Is yours built from Newton plans? Thanks, Fred

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Don, can you post

the link to the static pics or repost them ?

Recognize that boat Ken Hildreth???
Sure I do, Don has the boat looking good, It will be fun to race against it at Hobart. He sent me pictures. It is super sharp and is running well.
Unfortunately since I'm flying in I had to pick boats easily shipped I will not be racing in the scale class @ Hobart, just sending up a pair of riggers. I do need to spend more time at the pond with the Pak and a pile of props, just scratching the surface with what I think she'll do. B)

Don, what, no build thread????....Looks good....no, excellent!!!!

cheers

Don, what, no build thread????....Looks good....no, excellent!!!!
cheers

No Build thread, because Mike Hallam did the structure (likely 10 years ago).... Don did all the impeccable Detail work to bring it up to Concourse Level. I think it's the most detailed Pak out there..... Great Job!!

Lookin' Good. How much did you pay for that hull....??? ;)

Glad to see it has a good home, Mike and Ken deserve some credit... it has good Blood-Lines.

BTW, not to bust on you, but Nice Start..... ROFLMAO!!! Ok, I'm bustin' on ya!

Keep up the good work Don.

DJ

P.S. - That Tommy Driver looks entirely too happy, after-all, he is up on the lawn..... He must feel like Dr. Ken Muscatel after he put is boat up on the Grass..... Happy to be Alive!

No Build thread, because Mike Hallam did the structure (likely 10 years ago).... Don did all the impeccable Detail work to bring it up to Concourse Level. I think it's the most detailed Pak out there..... Great Job!!
Thanks DJ. B)

Yup, not my original build but it did get my mods before I refinished it to it's current state of detail. I've always wanted to do this boat, Mike and Ken gave me a great foundation on which to build a winner upon. And like the saying goes- ya ain't seen nuttin' yet. :)

Hi Don :ph34r: how was your test new Zoom 67 onto CMB67 HR ? One better than O.S 9 carb? Nice smooth run very well ;) Allan

Hey the Screaming Eagle, I've got one of these too.. Looks good Don.

(I've got a really good picture of the eagle that was originally on the nose, it has an american flag in one claw and a checkered flag in the other)

Josh-

Sure I do, Don has the boat looking good, It will be fun to race against it at Hobart. He sent me pictures. It is super sharp and is running well.
Unfortunately since I'm flying in I had to pick boats easily shipped I will not be racing in the scale class @ Hobart, just sending up a pair of riggers. I do need to spend more time at the pond with the Pak and a pile of props, just scratching the surface with what I think she'll do. B)

I can't resist Don. This is no doubt a modified rigger. LOL

Great job on the boat. Is the history of the boat with the eagle wing and colors from the owners and team of the older Miss Eagle Electric boat?

Great job on the boat. Is the history of the boat with the eagle wing and colors from the owners and team of the older Miss Eagle Electric boat?
Too funny Mark. Yes this is the same team as the U-25 Miss Eagle Electric.

Hey the Screaming Eagle, I've got one of these too.. Looks good Don.
(I've got a really good picture of the eagle that was originally on the nose, it has an american flag in one claw and a checkered flag in the other)

Josh-

any chance you could post the picture of the eagle?

Too funny Mark. Yes this is the same team as the U-25 Miss Eagle Electric.
Love the colors Don!! ;)

Glenn

A couple of people asked about the picture of the eagle that was originally on the nose of the 69 Pak. The picture that I just recently acquired is from a DVD available from the Race Boat and Hydroplane Museum called the Pay N Pak Story. In that DVD there is a mini documentary about the speed record attempt with the 69 Pak. In the footage there is a scene of the 69 Pak sitting on a trailer and there plain as day is the eagle on the nose of the boat. I took a still image from the DVD. I'll forward the picture to anyone interested next week. I'm busy trying to get ready for the Celina Ohio race this week and will have some extra time next week

Josh-

Back