Paint code for U-3 Master Tire needed

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcvnd

Supporting Member
I'm a long way off for paint, but I am working on this Allison kit and I want to paint the block and valve covers to match.

Thanks

Kev

Last edited by a moderator:
Kevin,

The boat is one of the standard Imron reds. I can get the numbers for you later today. The motors have the same paint. Good luck picking a paint scheme for the motor. For starters, all of the cylinder banks, oil pumps, water pumps, coono, mag housings and starters are black. Crank cases, accessory housings and gear boxes have been red, yellow or just left bare. Valve covers have been black, red or painted metallic aluminum. Mix 'em up any way you want. I've seen every combination.

The Gold Cup motor had a yellow case/accessory house with a bare gearbox and painted aluminum valve covers. See attached pic.

I assume you've been checking out the pics at go3racing.com. You can see a few different combinations there.

Gold Cup Winner.jpg

Kevin,

The boat is one of the standard Imron reds. I can get the numbers for you later today. The motors have the same paint. Good luck picking a paint scheme for the motor. For starters, all of the cylinder banks, oil pumps, water pumps, coono, mag housings and starters are black. Crank cases, accessory housings and gear boxes have been red, yellow or just left bare. Valve covers have been black, red or painted metallic aluminum. Mix 'em up any way you want. I've seen every combination.

The Gold Cup motor had a yellow case/accessory house with a bare gearbox and painted aluminum valve covers. See attached pic.

I assume you've been checking out the pics at go3racing.com. You can see a few different combinations there.
Thanks Dennis,

I was going to go with the same red as the hull, but maybe the yellow would look cool too hmmm. You should be getting a package from me shortly hopefully it works for you. No need to send it back but I will take one or two steering wheels.

Cheers

Kevin

Kevin,

Thanks Dennis,

I was going to go with the same red as the hull, but maybe the yellow would look cool too hmmm. You should be getting a package from me shortly hopefully it works for you. No need to send it back but I will take one or two steering wheels.

Cheers

Kevin
Kevin,U'd used 94 KIA blaze red it matched my miss bud perfictly...you must spray a while base coat.. it helps match the red perfictly...I had my miss bud croma visioned from dupont,it cameup with 94 KIA Blaze red..

I like the yellow as well. If I were you, I'd try to get as many pictures as possible of that color scheme. The more documentation you have, the better the end result. Do you have the color code for the hull red yet? I'd bet the team would give it to you if you ask nicely :)

Never mind, I see someone is already sending it to you

I like the yellow as well. If I were you, I'd try to get as many pictures as possible of that color scheme. The more documentation you have, the better the end result. Do you have the color code for the hull red yet? I'd bet the team would give it to you if you ask nicely :)

Never mind, I see someone is already sending it to you
Thanks Junkie

Emailed team using contact email on website no reply yet. I think Dennis will come through. So two votes for yellow motor then? Thanks

Kev

The reason I like the yellow is it won't blend into the hull like a red would. Then again, I have this thing about contrasting colors. That's probably the reason I like the Pak, Madison and Oberto paint schemes, all the color contrasts. To an extent, the Circus hulls were the same way, the three colors of pink contrasted with white

Drove by the shop earlier, but nobody was there. I'll be in the neighborhood again tomorrow and will try again. I do know the red is not the same as Bud's.

Kevin - PM your phone number to me and let me the best time to call you.

Here you go.....

Imron 29198UW is the preferred paint.

PPG DAU71371SC has been used in the last couple years.

Ed has a gallon of Kirker UA-51429 setting on the shelf. They plan to use it on a wing and some fairings. If they like it, they'll use it on the hull.

Here you go.....

Imron 29198UW is the preferred paint.

PPG DAU71371SC has been used in the last couple years.

Ed has a gallon of Kirker UA-51429 setting on the shelf. They plan to use it on a wing and some fairings. If they like it, they'll use it on the hull.
Thanks Dennis! I appreciate it!

Now that's what I call service, not one color code but three. I'll bet none of them match the Kia Red :lol:

I'm a long way off for paint, but I am working on this Allison kit and I want to paint the block and valve covers to match.

Thanks

Kev
I too am making the U-3 Chrysler Jeep but I am very close to painting it. Which paint code should I use? I was told it was the budweiser red but I see the three paint codes that were posted here. Which of the three is on the boat right now? Are they all pretty much the identical color to the eye? Thanks guys

Thanks

Kev
I too am making the U-3 Chrysler Jeep but I am very close to painting it. Which paint code should I use? I was told it was the budweiser red but I see the three paint codes that were posted here. Which of the three is on the boat right now? Are they all pretty much the identical color to the eye? Thanks guys
Reid

I had the first code mixed up in ppg paint. The DAU designation is for an older type of paint but it can be converted to the newer paint. I am at home at the moment but I can get you the mix numbers tomorrow. Send me an email [email protected] with some pictures of your build. I would love to see it!

Cheers

Kevin

Latest posts

Back