PA System?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It depends on what you want to do with the PA. Just announce over it or run music through it as well? The pa horns work great at low wattage if you just want to announce, but they lack any depth or bass for music. Our club started out with some Radioshack Horns and a basic 100 watt amp.

We just recently upgraded to a Peavey PV900 amp, Peavey PV6 mixer and (2) Peavey PR12 speakers. No matter what system you go with, try to use the largest cable size available. We'll be using this system for the first time at our West Texas Shootout on the 27-28th.. It already sounds so much better than our old system. As far as carrying signal super long distances, we also added a FM Transmitter and Antenna to extend our signal to pit areas away from the drivers stand area.

there R many opions get a good all in one like a 1200 carvin or peavey that way u can play a cd use a mike or two and ur starting cd player more then enough power for a race power 2-4 speaker's small speaker's do not have low range or thump like a hard hitting bass 18 inch home car band speaker's r different . an watch wwhat cd for starting u use the horn on some hit way to hard we need a good multi track version so we can adjust the horn part . and a cheap system can be good but limiting .. also if u went high quality band stuff an played poor recorded stuff u would ruin ur pseackers fast . just my opinion i have been around band stuff for yr's adam hope this help's oooh an they r right use bigger wire .

What gauge speaker wire is suggested for a 50 foot length, 100 watt speakers, non-70 volt system?

16 gauge o.k.?

I'd go with 12 guage. Wiring is one of the many places where too small costs and too big is considered "insurance" ;)

With the 70 volt systems you can buy speakers like "university" with changeable speaker voice coils these are a little pricey but well worth the cost and simplicity of install and repair if necessary

as an outdoor audio installer and operator with 40 years of experience I would say this is the way to go. Frys has a 40 wat amp with 70 volt output and speakers are available also.

Just wanted to add some advise there is a difference between loudness and volume.

Loudness is how piercing the sound is to your ear and volume is how much the sound fills an area,

so based on this the more speakers you have the more area you can cover without blasting those in front of the speakers.

For our event I use 6 24" rectangular horns

Back