Outrigger schooling

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NAMBA860

Supporting Member
So I’m pretty new to Outriggers I just bought one and have had it out twice. It’s a gas version with a mod 26 Zenoah in it. The boat is fiberglass and it has the rear shoe type sponsons that don’t stick out past the tub. I put it on my set up stand and the rear seems like it’s low and it’s not measuring level. With the front of the sponsons. Not sure if that’s correct or not. I ran it with a 2717/19/38 ABC 2 blade cleaver. It looks slow to me but gps said 63 mph. When we first tossed it in it takes a while to get on pipe sometimes it doesn’t come up until it just hits the first turn as I go into it. It seems to run better as I pull the pipe out a bit at a time. The strut is neutral and the strut depth sits flat on the set up stand with the bottom of the sponsons. The front sponsons have a bracket where you can change the angle of attack. The front is kicked up quite a bit with positive angle. The boat turns very well I just feel it’s a bit lazy
View attachment IMG_9584.mov
View attachment IMG_9585.mov

Latest posts

Back