OS 9b

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcvnd

Supporting Member
I have decided to run a 9b in my scale in place of zoom. I want to use a remote needle and need to block off the hole for the manual needle. What have you all used? I want something that looks clean. Thanks Kevin

I have decided to run a 9b in my scale in place of zoom. I want to use a remote needle and need to block off the hole for the manual needle. What have you all used? I want something that looks clean. Thanks Kevin
This may seem odd to you but I left the manual needle in place on mine and just backed the needle out on my flow meter to where it would have no impact. I initially dis this because I didn't have a plug but also wasn't positive I would be happy with the RNV and I wanted to be able to switch back quicly on race day if I didn't. It has worked quite well.

If you are insistent on plugging, an old glow plug also works well.

Bill

This may seem odd to you but I left the manual needle in place on mine and just backed the needle out on my flow meter to where it would have no impact. I initially dis this because I didn't have a plug but also wasn't positive I would be happy with the RNV and I wanted to be able to switch back quicly on race day if I didn't. It has worked quite well.

Bill
Thanks Bill

I was hoping you would reply. Is the 9b still your pick for the cmb 67 in a scale?

Bill is correct in that you can use an old glow plug. If you want to go the sexy route OS has a part designed just for this application. The part number for the plug is 22881300, Tower has them in stock-http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCT39&P=7

B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill is correct in that you can use an old glow plug. If you want to go the sexy route OS has a part designed just for this application. The part number for the plug is 22881300, Tower has them in stock-http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCT39&P=7

B)
You know me Don, I am all about going the sexy route. I thought I had seen that before but couldn't find it! Thanks Don

Kevin, shoot me your addy, I'll mail you one.
cool.gif

Use a glow plug -- punch out the center --tap 10.32 -- use a 10.32 water hose fitting -- tap and plug stock fuel inlet with an allen set scew -- use Don Ferette fuel control set up

Very simple set up

Bill
Thanks Bill

I was hoping you would reply. Is the 9b still your pick for the cmb 67 in a scale?
We keep coming back to the 9B.

The plug Don showed you is, of course, a correct way to go about it but I didn't have one at the time and what I did worked well.

Take Care and Good Luck,

Bill

B)
Those plug screws also work great on the 40A carb also (for 45 engines).

Latest posts

Back