OS 9B carb

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SayMikey

Whats the advantage of using a os9b on a green head 67 in a scale? Before i go to the trouble of doing it i wanted to knoe if it was worth the effort

The benefits are too many too list. It's the ONLY carb I use for scale. Take the needle out and plug that hole and use a remote needle for mixture. The low end needle is the best for being able to mill slow and punch it at the line. If you have it set right it will take off like a rocket without hesitation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amen to that!

Have used OS Max Carbs on all my engines for over 20 years.

Low end needle is best there is and the OS Max Remote needle assembly is most reliable,

All you have to do is replace the o-ring every few seasons.

The ability to crawl up to the start line and then punch it is just the right ticket to winning a heat.

Just took a look at the new carb that now comes with the CMB 67 Green Head.

A complete new look with a low side needle. Low needle is cut almost exactly like the 9B.

Also has new look at the intake side (velocity air horn effect).

One note: The bore on the CMB 67 carb is 11mm. The bore on the 9B is 12mm.

Will this also work on an OPS .40 ? for sport 40 class . if not is there another to try . seems like the stocxk carb doesn't close completely. I have heard others complain about the stock carb being to big.

Just wondering

Ed

2007 cmb 67, comes with a 12mm carby, and low end needle,

just use that it works great,

or bore out the cmb stock alloy carb to 13mm

regards Aaron

several years ago the 67 come with a bigger carb than the 80.. then it was smaller.. i believe it switched 3 times..

if you want it to run and run good in a scale put a .500 bore mac carb on it and let'r rip.

ask bryan schimik on there.. he did it to his.

chris

even not running scales I have to agree with all good comments about os carbs.Some guys here are also using this carb on riggers with cmbs sucessfully.

Gill

Back