ops 90 head clearance

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john22469

i have lost my notes. I was checking the bearing and going through my twin ops 90 on my rigger and dropped the head shims. i have forgotten what the head clearance was. anyone have a general starting point. i use 50% nitro. stock ops 90 pipes. thanks for the help

Last edited by a moderator:
If I get a chance today I will check my clearances on my OPS90's but if you dropped the shims for both motors just measure them all and divide the total by 2.

thanks for the advice but when i do that i come up .002 differance and i have tried many different combinations. I had new ones out on the bench because i have the aluminum shims and was checking to see if they were still good or if they have worn because the aluminum shims wear around the top of the cyclinder head. but the old ones looked new that is when i dropped them, they hit the bench where the new shims where and landed on the floor old shims and new one in one area. i went through them seperated the old ones from the new ones the best i could.

Are you running the dual plug or single plug head?? I need to know which engine to check the specs on.

Back