OOUUCCHH THAT HURTS

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PHM Racing

Well i wasen't paying enough attention to safety yesterday morning and ran my thumb into thr 100 tooth blade on the talbe saw could have been worse but i got my thumb out of there real quick , dosen't look real bad but i tellya it really hurrts , my son is a butcher and he said i should go get some stitches , he could see some muscle sticking out , i told him real men don't get stitches , so i bandaged it up and it's healing nicely.

Well i wasen't paying enough attention to safety yesterday morning and ran my thumb into thr 100 tooth blade on the talbe saw could have been worse but i got my thumb out of there real quick , dosen't look real bad but i tellya it really hurrts , my son is a butcher and he said i should go get some stitches , he could see some muscle sticking out , i told him real men don't get stitches , so i bandaged it up and it's healing nicely.
uh i just ate and that is gross..lol :D man mike you dont need to use your thumb to see if the blade is sharp, and is that blood on the floor i see in the background??? crazy i better not give you too much grief.. i belive in karma and i dont need none of that..lol hope all is well.

terry

dude thy have websites that would pay for those kind of pics

Down south they say " If your gona be stupid ya gotta be tough"

Ed

Clean it good and glue it back together with CA. A little kicker to help it seal quick. Build it up around the first glue that set and then a couple of layers more making the patch bigger. Will last about three days if you don't keep pulling on it with your other fingers. Redo as needed. Works great and cheaper than stitches. Have not got into a saw but have got bit by a X acto blade a few times. Oh by the way it will burn a little on the first layer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ed
Out west they say ya know what a push stick is? Cut a 2X4 on a taper from 1/4" at the front to 4" at the rear and 6" long. Round the edges on the big end. Push the material your cutting with that-not your fingers!!!!!

OUCH... That hurts... Hopefully no permanent damage...

You Nitro guys might want to think about adding Safety Loops to your power saws in the future... :p

Sorry... couldn't resist... ;)

break out that website,,,, wouldnt mind gettin paid....im sure phm wouldnt either.lol...hate when skin comes off like that... this was five days after my hand got put back together,,so you could only imagine what it looked like before it was fixed.. i feel for ya phm,,,,pain stinks....you will know about that thumb for a while yet,,,its a target now,,,everything you do some how some way you will be swearin up a storm cause you bumped it or slamed it...

good thing skin heals...

alden

What material are you cutting? If you are cutting any kind of composite get a diamond blade. No teeth and it also cuts composites much better than tooth blades.

break out that website,,,, wouldnt mind gettin paid....im sure phm wouldnt either.lol...hate when skin comes off like that... this was five days after my hand got put back together,,so you could only imagine what it looked like before it was fixed.. i feel for ya phm,,,,pain stinks....you will know about that thumb for a while yet,,,its a target now,,,everything you do some how some way you will be swearin up a storm cause you bumped it or slamed it...

good thing skin heals...

alden
alden did you do yhat reaching into that moldy wallet of yours..lol :D

tk

good thing skin heals...

alden
alden did you do yhat reaching into that moldy wallet of yours..lol :D

tk

Lol..

Street bike accident hand kinda got stuck under the bike. Pavement is quite abrasive.lol

Hope you heal up nicely

Alden

Clean it good and glue it back together with CA. A little kicker to help it seal quick.
That reminds me of a funny story. I couldn’t have been more that 6-7 years old maybe, but I was down in the basement while my Dad was working on boats and he got his thumb into the table saw. I remember him grabbing hold of his cut finger with his other hand and cleaning up the area. He then looked at me and said “Mike go get that bottle of glue” I will never forget it; I ended up applying the CA to his thumb while he held everything together…. LOL

Mike Ball

Clean it good and glue it back together with CA. A little kicker to help it seal quick.
That reminds me of a funny story. I couldn’t have been more that 6-7 years old maybe, but I was down in the basement while my Dad was working on boats and he got his thumb into the table saw. I remember him grabbing hold of his cut finger with his other hand and cleaning up the area. He then looked at me and said “Mike go get that bottle of glue” I will never forget it; I ended up applying the CA to his thumb while he held everything together…. LOL

Mike Ball
It works. A old doctor showed me that trick 35 years ago when I had cut myself with a airplane prop. He said CA was made to help close wounds for soldiers in the battlefield during Korea.

Ed
Out west they say ya know what a push stick is? Cut a 2X4 on a taper from 1/4" at the front to 4" at the rear and 6" long. Round the edges on the big end. Push the material your cutting with that-not your fingers!!!!!
Good idea Glen. Just one question, how do you get the taper on the 2X4, with a saw? :lol: :lol:

It works. A old doctor showed me that trick 35 years ago when I had cut myself with a airplane prop. He said CA was made to help close wounds for soldiers in the battlefield during Korea.
True enough. Just keep in mind that medical grade CA is sterile and hobby grade is neither sterile or as pure, it is usually diluted a bit.

But still, in an emergency, CA is great stuff!! But even still it is a short term fix. If the wound is too large for a butterfly bandage then it likely needs stitches.

Latest posts

Back