Old Unlimited on eBay

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hull looks familar, pretty cool, I guess why spend in Rc when you can drive your own hydro...

I contacted the seller regarding this hydro and he told me that the Hydro museum was aware of this boat and estimated that it would be worth around 150K fully restored. The really neat thing about this is that it is complete. The seller told me that he has the cowling, drive shafts, rudder and props for this boat making it somewhat appealing to restore. The difficulty may be in finding parts for that allison or the amount of cash you would have to spend to get custom made parts for it. I asked him if it was possible to come down and see it up close since I only live 45 mins away from the town it is listed for sale. No response. Oh well.

That boat had me doing some research. The first picture was obviously the U-95 due to the shape of the top of the tail and the KYYX markings from 1977. Something(other than what the owner had said) told me that it wasn't the same boat so I did a little more digging. What I found was the Miss CKLW from 1982 also ran as the KYYX in 1981-82. The lack of the towel bar between the sponsons has me thinking that the boat is the 7664 hull or the 1976 Miss Vernors. Looks to be in pretty rough shape but without seeing the boat up close, it's hard to say. The following is from the R/C Unlimiteds Master Hull Roster:

76 U-64 MISS VERNORS

77 U-64 MISS ESQUIRE PRODUCTS

77 U-64 SQUIRE

78 U-64 THE SQUIRE SHOP

81,82 U-96 KYYX

82 U-96.5 MISS CKLW

83 U-10 MISS PURE DELIGHT

83 U-10 PRINCESS YACHTS

83 U-10 MISS BECO

84 U-20 RABEN TIRES

84 U-20 WATERBED WORLD

84 U-20 MISS KARL YARLING