Offset Cowl Motor position

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BullDogRacing

Gaday All

I'm in need of some of your WISDOM :)

I'm currently building a new 1/8th hydro now the thing is ive always built the older style of hydro with the cockpit and cowl being in the true centre . :eek:

Now the thing I need to know is im now building a newer style hydro with an offset cowl and

Would you

*-fit the motor in the centre of the offset or do i try and get it as close to the natural centre as possible cause if I fit the motor in the centre of the offset the weight will be less on the turn fin side of the boat and more on the rail side .

*2nd Question :)

would you put the strut on the offset position or once again put it in the true centre of the hull and have the log tube bend over towards the motor once it has re-entered the hull inside

:D THANKS ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT :D

Gaday All I'm in need of some of your WISDOM :)

I'm currently building a new 1/8th hydro now the thing is ive always built the older style of hydro with the cockpit and cowl being in the true centre . :eek:

Now the thing I need to know is im now building a newer style hydro with an offset cowl and

Would you

*-fit the motor in the centre of the offset or do i try and get it as close to the natural centre as possible cause if I fit the motor in the centre of the offset the weight will be less on the turn fin side of the boat and more on the rail side .

*2nd Question :)

would you put the strut on the offset position or once again put it in the true centre of the hull and have the log tube bend over towards the motor once it has re-entered the hull inside

:D THANKS ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT :D
I would try to keep the motor and drive in the center of the hull. If you cannotcenter the motor, run the drive straight back from the motor. Usually the offset is not much anyway.

Having weight on the left is not bad cause they tend to lift the left side anyway.

Back