Oberto "Shark" scale size limits

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hydro Junkie

Has anyone had the chance to get the measurements off the 0706 hull yet? I recently obtained the registration on this hull and need to know the specs. So far, the only one I have is that it has an 87" tunnel, for a scale width of 10.875". This gives a maximum width of 11.962' and a minimum of 9.788".

If anyone can fill in the blanks on the rest, it would be greatly appreciated.

Length________________________

Overall Width___________________

Afterplane_____________________

Picklefork Depth________________

Hull Depth_____________________

Tunnel>87"(9.788-11.962)

Has anyone had the chance to get the measurements off the 0706 hull yet? I recently obtained the registration on this hull and need to know the specs. So far, the only one I have is that it has an 87" tunnel, for a scale width of 10.875". This gives a maximum width of 11.962' and a minimum of 9.788". If anyone can fill in the blanks on the rest, it would be greatly appreciated.

Length________________________

Overall Width___________________

Afterplane_____________________

Picklefork Depth________________

Hull Depth_____________________

Tunnel>87"(9.788-11.962)
I have everything you need but I know that you tunnel width is wrong it it 96'' tunnel not 87'' scale would be 12 +/-'' almost all the new boats are 96 inch centers

Last edited:
Junkie here are some of what you need

Length 30' (44-46")

Overall Width 14' 4"(19.35-23.65")

Tunnel 92"(10.35-12.65")

Still waiting on these....

Afterplane

Picklefork Depth

Hull Depth

Mike Hanson is getting me the rest when he gets back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to you both. I'm still a little sceptical on the tunnel width, however. I measured the 8806 hull's tunnel and it was right at 84". Last year at the Seafair Chevrolet Cup in Seattle, I was told by Larry Hanson that the tunnel was 3" wider after seeing the difference in tunnel widths while it was on the trailer. Just has me wondering which is correct.

I spoke with Larry who told me it was 92. I then talked to Nate Brown about the U-17. Nate says they are both very similar in dimensions except that the U-17 has a smaller inside sponson so they could get a 93" tunnel. Dale Van Weiringen who built both boats confirmed what they gave me. Nate was actually in the shop and had a tape measure in his hand measuring whatever I wanted on the U-17. Only thing he couldn't do was give me depth since the boat was upside down prepping for paint.

What is the depth measurement and where is it taken on the boats?

I could never find a spot that equaled anything on the mhr for depth

Why do we care about depth?

To be honest with you Phil from what I can gather that measurement may be more for us than them. The only rules the big boats really have to adhere to with regards to dimensions is length and width. From those that would actually tell me most seem to be anywhere from 25-28 inches measured from the highest point of the center section as close to the tub as possible to the bottom of the airtrap at the break or at the transom if the break to the transom is 0 degrees. Problem is if you look at the roster that RCU keeps, plus the NAMBA one as well, there are quite a few boats from the last 10 or so years that don't even have a depth measurement. I am not as concerned with the depth except from a scale appearance standpoint as I am with additional bellypans.

Back