Northwest Scale Hydroplane Championship Race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty Shallenberger

Just a reminder that the 2011Northwest Scale Hydroplane Championship is taking place October 8th and 9th at Twin Lakes Park in Arlington Washington.

This year we be running four classes of Scale Hydroplanes 1/8 Scale nitro, 1/7 Scale electric, Gas Scale Hydro and NAMBA/IMPBA legal Classic Thunderboats. If you have any questions about the race or need to know if your boat will be legal in its respective class please contact us.

For complete information visit www.pnwta.org and navigate to the Northwest Scale Hydroplane Championship link. If you are interested in donating products or would like to be a class sponsor please contact Marty at [email protected]

Wow-I can’t believe we are only a week away from the eighth annual NW Scale Hydroplane Championship Race- Al Waters who has CD all of them is packed and ready to come, the lake has been reserved for testing on Friday afternoon and currently the long range weather forecast is promising. The schedule is: 1/7 Scale Electrics will run all heats on Saturday October 8th, Classic Thunderboats and Gas Scale Hydro will run all heats on Sunday October 9th and 1/8 Scale Nitro will run both Saturday and Sunday. We plan on having controlled open water from 8:00am to 10:00am on Saturday for Electric and Nitro boats with the drivers meeting at 10:00am. On Sunday we will have limited open water for the GAS classes before the heat racing starts around 9:00am. Please contact me if you have any questions or need help with logistics.

Marty Shallenberger

[email protected]

I was looking back at last years race and found this video of the 1/8 scale final and thought you might like to take a look - I just can't get over how this race has grown over the last eight years. The first year we had a good turnout but nothing like last years 62 scale hydros. I hope all that attend have as much fun as Al and I have putting it together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1i5lD5ZrRU&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Awesome Marty n Al this race rocks. Coming from a guy who has only won one heat.Next year I hope to return and bring more bullets

I remember that 2007 race. Was that the time Al said "Oh no! Did Lohring beat me?" We were racing the Miss Vegas sport 18 boats.

The Northwest Scale Championships is always best of scale racing. I can't believe how many great drivers show up with fast boats. Marty and Al do their best not only to run a great 1/8 scale race, but also to help promote new scale classes. Thunderboats are starting to show some promise in the Northwest, and I predict the gas scale boats will follow.

Lohring Miller

I know it's still 3 days away, but the weather forcast from last night called for scattered showers through the weekend so bring your raingear, just in case

Looks like we might have a few showers over the weekend, but hey this is Seattle!!!! Good news is with the cloud cover we won't have the glare in the south turn so we should be able to see the boats better....

Looks like we might have a few showers over the weekend, but hey this is Seattle!!!! Good news is with the cloud cover we won't have the glare in the south turn so we should be able to see the boats better....
That south turn can really be a challenge when it get's "glared out." Drizzle and clouds, like the Mariners and Seahawks - not all that good but better than nothing.

JD

Back