Northern CA H1 Stop

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's good news!

Starting Friday it looks like at least 6 more days of rain.....downside is we have a race this coming weekend.

That's good news!

Starting Friday it looks like at least 6 more days of rain.....downside is we have a race this coming weekend.
From what I read today we will have a weaker storm system starting to move thru Sac.starting tomorrow- this last storm dumped a lot of wet snow in the hills so water level may rise further as it melts. I just hope they don't open the Dam and flush it all down the American River. BTY your new prop anvil set will ship by Weds so you should have it Fri.

Rumor is that the race has been postponed to 2013 due to lack of sponsors. Although the water issue was a major concern. The word was they had a title sponsor that backed out. I have several emails to different people trying to confirm this.

man that really blows! :angry: but at least 2013 is still a possibility.
If you're young- O.K. but I could be pushing up dasies by then :lol: . I wish Sacramento would forget about building the kings a new basketball arena and sponsor the race.

Well it's rainin again like a cow whizzing on a flat rock. I don't think the water level will be an issue. Guess it all comes down to sponsors and politics.

thats whats wrong with sacramento. there are alot of really cool things going on but they don't get promoted enough. no promotion, no sponsorship money

Wingnut, Does not seem like it was that bad in the ol' days- had 2-3 UL races in the early 60's at Tahoe and Folsom. Before they built Cal Expo Dirt track races at the old fairgrounds on the one mile track. V-8 tunnel boat races on the Sac. river,drag racing at Sac. Speedway, sprint cars and outlaws at the W. Sac. raceway(plowed under to make a industial complex and storage sheds). It would be a good venue for ANY kind of racing if it would get some publicity.

i used to love going to the bridge to bridge event at old sac but even that dissapeared

Back