Northern CA H1 Stop

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike McKnight

So as of today the Folsom Lake H1 Unlimited exhibition has gotten one step closer to becoming a full fledged race on next year's schedule. A major hurdle has been overcome as promoters have received permission from the California Department of Parks and Recreation to proceed with the Inaugural H1 Unlimited Hydroplane National Event at Folsom Lake in early June of 2012. There are still more more things that need to happen before an official announcement but it is looking very possible. I'll keep you posted.

That's great news Mike,

Hope it happens and the public will support it in force!

Glenn

now we just need it to rain!! the lake could sure use the water.
It will rain, Clouds look like they're stacked up all the way to the sierras today. Wonder if the loss of the three boat team will have any effect on a race at Folsom??

Glenn i am happy for you guys out west getting another chance to see the big boys run. The revival of the President's CUP race this summer may also be on hold due to the 3 boats pulling out of H1. I got a chance to see them do the practice race here in DC and it was a blast!!

Glenn i am happy for you guys out west getting another chance to see the big boys run. The revival of the President's CUP race this summer may also be on hold due to the 3 boats pulling out of H1. I got a chance to see them do the practice race here in DC and it was a blast!!
Guess it's not a done deal yet- have to wait and see what happens. I was in the process of moving in Sep. and missed the exhibition race by 2 days :mellow: .

I haven't seen an official announcement yet but Schumacher mentioned that the 1st race will be in 18 weeks......Sacramento, CA.

I have proposed dates but have to wait till the official announcement from the promoter. Besides H1 hasn't even had their winter meetings yet.

Schumacher Racing posted on Facebook today the tentative 2012 Schedule and the Sacramento race has been set for June 1-3. There is also a Idaho exhibition sheduled for August. No mention of DC

2012H1.jpg

man i am so stoked about this! to everybody in our area that helped in getting this to happen THANK YOU!!

WOW! it's on the calendar. Last race in Nor Cal must have been 1966 or 1967.

As it stands now, I am not sure what is happening with the Folsom Lake race but it is not looking good. First, the water level it too low right now to run it. All of the ramps, docks and pit area are well out of the water. We have a week of rains coming but we'll have to see how this plays out with runoff. Second, Peter McDermott who was the guy spearheading this event has stepped down and a new guy is in charge. I'll keep you posted as I have been in contact with the new guy.

thanks mike. i was at the lake a couple of weeks ago and yes it doesn't look good. keep us posted. thanks carl

Article from todays Sacramento Bee(newspaper).". Before last weeks storms the lake was at 67% capacity, as of today it was 89%"..

Glenn

Back