Nitro-nemesis

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthony_marquart

Guys, I know Mark really well. He's young, ambitious and dedicated to what he believes. He's the kind of guy that will will promote our hobby into the next 20-30 years.. . Now remember I said he's a young guy, prone to maybe speak his mind a little more aggressivley that he possibly should...

I remember being his age... (early 20's)

Please don't write him off as a smart ass or something.. He's a great guy/// Just give him a chance..

Anthony,

Both of you have done some damage that I hope is repairable. It is a great sport and glad you are excited about it. If the past continues, I don't have time nor does anyone else.

Guys, I know Mark really well. He's young, ambitious and dedicated to what he believes. He's the kind of guy that will will promote our hobby into the next 20-30 years.. . Now remember I said he's a young guy, prone to maybe speak his mind a little more aggressivley that he possibly should...

I remember being his age... (early 20's)

Please don't write him off as a smart ass or something.. He's a great guy/// Just give him a chance..

What prompted this?

I would say that it is somewhat understandable that sometimes people speak too quickly without fully understanding why or what they are reacting to. In other words they lose thier temper without trying to understand the entire context of the situation. I am not speaking on behalf of anyone here, just trying to understand why all this "manure" started, and why it went into critical mass. I think maybe an apology to anyone who deserves recourse would be a good start. Now let's try if possible, to repair this thing and move on.

Norm Doerr

Personally I think an apology is due from both sides of the playing field. This situation was well on it's way to a conclusion & a handshake prior to the post that threw the gas on the flickering but dying flame. While I certainly don't agree with the schoolyard name calling, telling someone new, who was unfamiliar with the ins & outs of how things work, to go find another place to play was not a good thing either. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't even really know what Mark said and to who. He told me he got suspended from the forum for saying things the he agreed he probably should not have. I just don't want to to see him turned away.

As far damage that I have done,.. I have only spoken honestly about things that have happened to me in the past. I have had no intention of doing anything besides having a good time running my boats. As far as the Indy club, I am willing to give my time and labor to help return the club to a workable club and clubsite that people will once again want to be a member of. Yes, there were some misunderstandings. I have learned alot about maintaining the site. The propblems that got the club into this condition may still be there,.

Stu, I'm not sure I understand why you said that. If there is something specific about something I said that bothers you I would really like to talk about it. You said you and "anyone else",.. I would like to talk with them also. I would really like to resolve this and move forward.

i think this hobby is to small for all of us not to get along. we would all be better off working together. i might say some smart ass comments sometimes but its just in fun.good luck to you guys.

i think this hobby is to small for all of us not to get along. we would all be better off working together. i might say some smart ass comments sometimes but its just in fun.good luck to you guys.

I can attest to this.....4-est and I have traded some jabs but get along just fine today....I even called him recently about some items he had for sale....

Eric Canto

I can attest to this.....4-est and I have traded some jabs but get along just fine today....I even called him recently about some items he had for sale....

Eric Canto
4-est does come across a little ruff but he is ok. Even a little fun if you take it for what it's worth.

Dang I think I just had a light bulb come on.

Is 4-Est's name Forrest? :huh:
I'm laughing so hard it hurts .................. :p

That would actually be Shane Forrest. B)
Hey, even a blind Squirrel happens across a nut every once in a while. :p :D

Yes Tom, I bet he'll be very polite and well behaved now. I think he's learned alot in the last day or so.

First thing is first - wow, i've never missed a website so much in my life, lesson learned !!! Second thing, Marty if I offended you, I appologize - I was out of line by saying what I said. What you didn't know before you said what you said was the fact that I was @ a meeting w/ Bruce and a few other guys who were members of the club and was offered the chance to join but @ the time didn't have the money to get my impba membership and pay for being a member, but still stayed very interested in eventually joining. I took great offense to you telling me to go find another spot when I'm new to this hobby. I can see that things among the directors of the hobby and clubs are very strenuous, and they have "huge" responsibilties in maintaining the effectiveness of a fun, but very competitive hobby and making sure everything that they have taken time to build remains intact. For those of you who don't know me, I'm really a nice guy, not prone to blowing my top off like that, but everyone has limits and certain things can set them off. Noone likes to be pushed around or feel like the underdog or left out. If I was a 20 year veteran in this and I told some new guy to go find his own water, I'd kick my own butt for being somewhat disrespectful, but I do see where you too were coming from. We both could have handled this situation better, and yes I consider it now to be water under the brigde. I don't want to make enemies, I want to make friends, learn how to better run/handle these nitro boats, but most importantly, I just want to have fun. I can honelsty say I have a problem, I'm addicted to nitro boats :p and am looking forward to meeting most of you guys in the future to learn new things and have fun. So many of you have helped me, I'd name names but in the short time I've been a member of this site I think almost everyone on here has helped me in one way or another. Tony, thinks for getting the ball rolling again, 10 days would have killed me. Tom, thanks for understanding and giving me another chance, and once again, to those I offended, I sincerely appologize.

First thing is first - wow, i've never missed a website so much in my life, lesson learned !!! Second thing, Marty if I offended you, I appologize - I was out of line by saying what I said. What you didn't know before you said what you said was the fact that I was @ a meeting w/ Bruce and a few other guys who were members of the club and was offered the chance to join but @ the time didn't have the money to get my impba membership and pay for being a member, but still stayed very interested in eventually joining. I took great offense to you telling me to go find another spot when I'm new to this hobby. I can see that things among the directors of the hobby and clubs are very strenuous, and they have "huge" responsibilties in maintaining the effectiveness of a fun, but very competitive hobby and making sure everything that they have taken time to build remains intact. For those of you who don't know me, I'm really a nice guy, not prone to blowing my top off like that, but everyone has limits and certain things can set them off. Noone likes to be pushed around or feel like the underdog or left out. If I was a 20 year veteran in this and I told some new guy to go find his own water, I'd kick my own butt for being somewhat disrespectful, but I do see where you too were coming from. We both could have handled this situation better, and yes I consider it now to be water under the brigde. I don't want to make enemies, I want to make friends, learn how to better run/handle these nitro boats, but most importantly, I just want to have fun. I can honelsty say I have a problem, I'm addicted to nitro boats :p and am looking forward to meeting most of you guys in the future to learn new things and have fun. So many of you have helped me, I'd name names but in the short time I've been a member of this site I think almost everyone on here has helped me in one way or another. Tony, thinks for getting the ball rolling again, 10 days would have killed me. Tom, thanks for understanding and giving me another chance, and once again, to those I offended, I sincerely appologize.
I think THIS passes as a very good apology .

Back