Newtons Plans Help

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shockflyer

I am currently working on the Newtons plans 157 (The Winston Eagle-Lobster) and have only purchased 2 of the 3 sheets. I did not purchase the Paint Scheme sheet. I was taking inventory of what I have cut out and what I have left and cant seem to find the rear sponson bulkheads on either of the 2 sheets, they are labeled a,b and c. I wouldnt think that they would be on the paint scheme sheet would they? And I traced the pattern and then cut so I know I did not throw them away. I have emailed Roger and I know he is a busy man so I am turning to you all for assistance. Please help if you have any information.

Joe

I am currently working on the Newtons plans 157 (The Winston Eagle-Lobster) and have only purchased 2 of the 3 sheets. I did not purchase the Paint Scheme sheet. I was taking inventory of what I have cut out and what I have left and cant seem to find the rear sponson bulkheads on either of the 2 sheets, they are labeled a,b and c. I wouldnt think that they would be on the paint scheme sheet would they? And I traced the pattern and then cut so I know I did not throw them away. I have emailed Roger and I know he is a busy man so I am turning to you all for assistance. Please help if you have any information.
Joe
There are no rear sponson parts on the Newton plans.

If you have some pictures go by that. I made my rear sponsons using the wood over foam method.

the size I have is

tops 11" long 2" wide at the rear

insides 1 3/4" high at the rear

bottoms 1" wide at the rear

my Winston Eagle

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...m=961&pos=3

Last edited by a moderator:
As a rule, Roger doesn't give framing or parts diagrams to build the shoes(as the rear sponsons are called) on the parts sheet or the layout sheet. They are drawn on the paint sheet and are normally shaped from pine or similar and added later. This is why it is best to order the whole plan set at one time

Back