New Sport 40

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet! Maiden voyage in Flint?
default_rolleyes.gif
I don't think so. I am going to be someplace a lot more tropical that weekend.

Thanks to all for the kind remarks about the boat. I will continue posting as I go. Hope to have it done by the end of the month.

Bert, I will give you a call this weekend about getting a splash of the cowl.

Lol. I was thinking the same thing Ray. Button bolts would look much cleaner.

Very nice build Mike. I'm always impressed with those who can come up with an idea and make it reality.

I was planning on using button heads when I finished it. I didn't have any laying around and I wanted to prove out that my clamps worked and the set up was rigid.

I made up some extra canards to carry around with me just in case of those unpredictable racing moments.

I guess you could put move over on that wing LOL. Come on already lets get the boat WET

Rob is right on. I like the fact that we ran in a stiff breeze this morning and it did not want to blow over.

One thing that we can put to rest, at least for me, is the debate about mounting the strut on the transom being such an advantage. I did it on this boat and all it is causing me to do is have to lengthen my pipe and put a smaller prop on. I will be putting the strut back under the boat and use the cushion of air on the transom for support on the prop. There was absolutely nothing that I saw today that would cause me to say that there is an advantage to doing it.

Back