New Sport 40

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Betke

Supporting Member
I said a while back I would try to post some pic's of my new sport 40. I got a new camera so I had to try it out on something.

Here are some pics. I have designed a few different things into this one. More to come later.

Sport40-1 001.JPG

Sport40-1 002.JPGSport40-1 004.JPG

Very nice work!
default_smile.png

I am sure it will run as good as it looks...how come I never got any wood working talent like some of u guys? guess I was born to buy my stuff painted lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good Mike. I see you've made good use of the cold weather!! Are you just putting a straight rod in the front there or a type of canard?

Looks good Mike. I see you've made good use of the cold weather!! Are you just putting a straight rod in the front there or a type of canard?
I'll be using a front canard wing on it. I need to machine up some parts to be able to do it.

It's been a busy winter around here. Moving into the new house, building a work shop and a boat has been a big job. Of course I had a long list of things to do before I could start on the shop and the boat. I need to get the boat done before the weather breaks and start the landscaping.

I'll be using a Bert Dygert cowl that he made to fit his ML boat. It will need a little surgery to fit my application. Bert's cowl is real nice, I hate to chop it up.

No pic's of the bottom yet.

Sport 40 cowl.JPG

Mike,

Boat and cowl look great!!! Get the to cowl primed and wet sanded and I can pull a mold in a weekend. Then we will have a mold for a straighter center section. Or maybe I can add inserts on to the mold flange and allow for less contoured center sections.

Regards,

Bert

Back