New sport 40 roundnose

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which hull is this based on it doesnt look like a karlson, is it like the ron jones like Bardhal (green dragon) or the Thriftway styles.
It is a Karleson style hull Newton 101 plan. It is the same as my 1/8th scale Timex boat.

This one has the full cowl but could be cut off and a dummy engine made for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that is awesome, karelson are my favorite roundnose hydro, hmmmm I always wanted a yellow bardahl roundnose. May have to change my mind on the gas thunderboat now.

Well that is awesome, karelson are my favorite roundnose hydro, hmmmm I always wanted a yellow bardahl roundnose. May have to change my mind on the gas thunderboat now.
nice boat phill would you be thinking of making a 1/10th scale, you do know that would be great & that electric is coming
This boat can be setup electric. 1/10 scale 30' hull would be 36" if you are thinking small.

A smaller boat 25-30" would be good for .12 if lite enough.

Hey, got the new boat all setup this week and took it for a test run.

Nice to see a 74 degree day here in ILL. It was too windy to get high speeds but the boat ran thru the rollers and wind just fine, didnt even flip it :D Will take it out agian this week. ]

Here are some pictures of the setup.

http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?app=gallery&module=user&user=243&do=view_album&album=809

I have been out testing a couple times and it did ok, had some problems with handling that I found was caused by a hole open to the hull in the strut slot filling the boat with water after a couple laps.

Also had one of the 20 hydro speedmaster rudder on it, I thought it was a bit small and switched it to a speedmaster 40 cut off some.

I had it out today and it was really handling well, at speed you can cut a 20 foot circle and it will make hard lefts with out lifting. Had it doing figure eights with out dumping.

Nice handling boat, easy to launch and runs well with various props.

I have the setup figured out The strut depth and rudder are ok and the balance point is good too.

It would run 1455/2 and 1455/3 x450/3 ok. speeds are 55-57 and we saw a 60.5 with the 1455/3.

PHIL T

Yes it is a CMB purple head .45 engine. Older motor but still runs ok. saw it go 60 with a 1455/3 prop but I found it had a bearing going out and was giving me problems yesterday. I will install one of my Mac45 and give it a try agian.

Here is a Utube Video of the testing. Kind of a gusty day but the boat ran with out spinning out or flipping and it will turn left too.

Latest posts

Back