New Scale Builder

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike McKnight

Ok guys I've been sitting on this for a few months because I wanted him to get situated and up and running. Besides this will settle some speculation as to where Bill Fritz's molds went. Steve actually went and picked them up from Bill a few weeks ago and now he has a website up and running. Here it is..... http://www.rcboatcompany.com/

Ok guys I've been sitting on this for a few months because I wanted him to get situated and up and running. Besides this will settle some speculation as to where Bill Fritz's molds went. Steve actually went and picked them up from Bill a few weeks ago and now he has a website up and running. Here it is..... http://www.rcboatcompany.com/
He got ALL of Bills molds??????

All except one is what I am told and that is one that Bill is working on for himself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey gents;

Steve had his first boat he had done at the race in Orlando this past weekend.

Steve is very maticulous, and I don't think anyone will be disapointed in what he turns out.

His first boat out of the mold is the 1985 7-11, and what a nice looking boat

Great job Steve, and good luck with the new venture

Rick

Guys let me tell you one thing,, these scales will be awesome,,like Rick said the first one out of the mold looked great...

Steve has many years of building scales and making them go fast and handle our conditions down here..

If you are looking for a scale true to form , ast least give Steve a call and vist his web site...rcboatcompany.com

Good Luck in your new opportunity,,this man truly loves this Hobby and it shows in his work....

Ok guys I am in shock. I have never had a scale hull delivered in 4 weeks from the time I ordered it. It arrived today Steve did a bang up job. Every bit as good on the glass work as Bill.

I got the 8200 hull. 83 Atlas, 84-86 Squire Shop and so on. Glass work is just like the Bud and Shovelnose I have.

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=885

I had an 84 Squire (red white brown) that was built from Roger's plans and I miss it. It was a quick boat. I sold it to a guy in Washington and I shouldn't have. I'm doing another Squire....a different one this time.

A guy in our club ordered the 8701 1993 T-2. He got it in ten days from when he sent the money in. It looks great!

A guy in our club ordered the 8701 1993 T-2. He got it in ten days from when he sent the money in. It looks great!
I didn't see the T-2 on Steve's website yet. Harry can you possibly post a couple pics of the hull as received by your clubmate? :)

BTW- wasn't the Fritz mold for the T-3? :huh:

Not all of the hulls are on the website yet. Mine wasn't. I knew that Bill had a mold for that boat and I asked Steve if he had gotten that one too.

Steve is doing an awesome job with his new venture,, now working with a local R/C Hardware supplier James Traut working on running hardware for scales,,if it is anything like the hardward for the gas boats,,,these new pieces will just complement Steves new scales even more..Again Good Luck...

Glad you guys are happy with the Product Steve is putting out... Your thoughts and opinions are very inportant to him...

In actuality, the mold best builds the T-2. It has always been called the T-3 mold but it comes with the skinnier canard that makes the T-2. I turned mine into the T-3 by modifying the front canard so that it was deeper by about 1/2".

Also it builds the boat in the 1991-1994 configuration best. Has the rounded edges, tiplets, shoes, etc.

I will get Ryan to take come pictures of his and post them soon. Ryan ordered his boat "unjoined" so he could more easily make some support modifications on the inside. That might have saved a couple of days in the production.

Back