New Nova 67 powerplant scale testing

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am very happy with the results of the new engine. A couple of heat wins and enough points to make the final in it's first action here in the Northwest.

Took 2nd Place in the final to David Brandt. Congratulations Dave, See you in Chehalis for the rematch. Super happy with it's performance after a nice break in period. Going to try a couple different things at This next weekends UNW race in Monroe. Stay tuned.

Mike,

If the new motor is really STOUT you should cut down a 260

to 58 mm and see how it works?

I think you will be SURPRISED!!!

Enjoy Testing,

Mark Sholund
Good idea! I have prepared many 260's cut to 57 and 58 mm! ;-)

Light Scales can handle cut down 265's also.
Hey Andy, just had a read of your Signature...Love the bit in red below haha

Andy Brown www.CMDRACING.COM E-mail [email protected] Ph. 386-330-2420

First R/C boat - Dumas Dragonfly 40. Built 1973. Designed Mongoose 1984, Eagle 1990, Jaguar 1994, Eagle SG 1996, SGX 2001.

IMPBA member since 1976. First Internats 1977. NAMBA member since 1977. First NAMBA Nats 1978. APBA member 1989.

Multiple Record holder in IMPBA, NAMBA, APBA. First IMPBA member to officially exceed 100 mph and 125 mph.

4 time IMPBA US-1 National champion, Presidents Cup, Bill LeFeber award. Hydro Technical directer (wrote Hydro definitions), District 3 Director.

Two time NAVIGA World Champion. Designed developed the highly successful MAC engine line. Helped a few other r/c boaters succeed.

Designed and developed four uniquely different Riggers over the past 30 years. All have set records and won major championships.
Haha Thanks Kris! Keep up the good work with your awesome Dragon tunnel boats!
Thanks Andy, means a lot coming from someone like yourself!

For the 2nd race, conditions were perfect for horsepower. It was a very cool day compared to last weekends Ellensburg 100 degree heat. I have never driven anything that was this fast. The setup from last week did not work at all with the bump in horsepower and speed. I don't want to say it scared me but it definitely surprised me. The first heat I had a ferrel come loose and did not make it off the launch, The second heat It had a huge blow over, The third heat was pretty much the same but this time driver figured out he has much to learn about driving a boat with this much power as when I blew over I almost took out the lead boat and the outside boat as well, fortunately there was no contact and the only one that suffered was myself and another 0 points. In the 4th heat I was able to keep it on the water but not on the correct side of the buoys, I incurred 2 penalties for cutting buoys and used the remaining laps learning how to control something that was borderline out of control. So my overall summary of the weekend is Nova Rossi= A+, Driver= D- I have a lot of work to do on myself before The Chehalis/Adna Scale Extravaganza. Hopefully video links will be posted later. I know there was a gentleman there getting video and he said he would post to the Pacific Northwest Thunderboat Facebook page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds good. I watched Mike Schindler's boat run in Evansville. It was smoking fast and look like it had more motor than the boat could handle. Myself did not do as well in E hydro. Was in some good heats and the first heat was chasing the lead boat on the outside staying up with him. We had a dead boat in the front straight. He was going inside and I was going outside for four laps. On the next lap was going outside and the boat took a hop and lifted its front. When it come back down it had turned to the right a little from the torque of the prop just perfect to run over the dead boat. Not good at all. Fixed the boat, second heat and got hit by another boat. Third heat same thing that happened in the first happened again. Hit another dead boat the same way. From this it was time to put the boat in the trailer.

I was just very surprised at how differently the boat reacted to the difference in speed. It was Like learning to drive a new boat. I feel like this a whole new level that I cant wait to figure out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back