New CMB21 Valvola Direct Drive pricing ??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Jacuzzi

From the Hobby Supplies website:

Is the new 21 Valvola direct drive expensive or is it just me. This is going to be a red head with I believe a shortened drum stack etc. Add a header and shipping and your at $450 bones for a stock 21 engine. I will have to wait to see how they run.. Tony J (The pic on the site is the old version)

540.00 AUD

Australia Dollars = 406.348 USD

United States Dollars

Last edited by a moderator:
Proffessional model in HK will do the green head valv for 329, and he has the new picco 90's in stock

i have been told the new ones coming out will have more mid range and great for the mono guys.

he has an ebay store to .

http://stores.ebay.com/rcworldwide-com_Boa...1QQftidZ2QQtZkm

but he wont email you if you order , you just have to wait for the post , i believe mine took about 10 days to get here ,

first run off the bench was this week end , runs good , by the third toss i had the mixes right , now i just have to up nitro and up prop

Looking good so far

Jason

Tony,

If you are looking for a new Valvola 21, I have a pretty good price on them now.

Bob,

After you went home on Sunday I ran the heat race set up through the traps at 81.6 MPH.

The Valvola 21 is a great engine especially after Jeff Lutz does his magic to them.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Tony,

If you are looking for a new Valvola 21, I have a pretty good price on them now.

Bob,

After you went home on Sunday I ran the heat race set up through the traps at 81.6 MPH.

The Valvola 21 is a great engine especially after Jeff Lutz does his magic to them.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund
There is photos of the new Valvola .21 on iansboats.co.uk site. Looks like the comlete engine has been redesigned. Cant wait to try one. Richard D

Richard,

The new engine has been redone,but word has it that they are having a few little problems

with the new design. It will be a great engine once the details are addressed. While the

details are being worked on I think the "Lutz Valvola" is still the way to go. :D Anyone

interested in Jeff's work let me know please?

Thanks For The Reply,

Mark Sholund

Richard,

The new engine has been redone,but word has it that they are having a few little problems

with the new design. It will be a great engine once the details are addressed. While the

details are being worked on I think the "Lutz Valvola" is still the way to go. :D Anyone

Thanks For The Reply,

Mark Sholund
I guess the CMB prices are going up next year because of the cost of aluminum, and an increase in taxes on factories in Italy. In my opinion the price is still competitive now, considering if you buy a after market carb and header for a Nova, there isnt much difference. The new direct drive will use a modified original Valvola case for now. Maybe the new drum and housing will fit the old Valvola?? Maybe Stu has some info he can share. Mark, thanks for the advice. Richard D

What's the problem with the new motor? I havn't heard of any problem's with the new red head 21 valvola. The direct drive version doesnt have the crankcase thats used on the new geared version but has all the other good parts, piston liner, drum, drum housing and carb. Lots of potential with this motor.

Dave

Richard,

Thanks For The Reply,

Mark Sholund

Does this mean that the Greenhead .21 cmb valvola is alredy out dated. I got it six months ago. Do I already need a new one? I am interested in Jeffs work. How do I get in touch with him?

From the Hobby Supplies website:

Is the new 21 Valvola direct drive expensive or is it just me. This is going to be a red head with I believe a shortened drum stack etc. Add a header and shipping and your at $450 bones for a stock 21 engine. I will have to wait to see how they run.. Tony J (The pic on the site is the old version)

540.00 AUD

Australia Dollars = 406.348 USD

United States Dollars
;) Did you contact Mike Hallams? CMB dealer CMB 21 Valvola Green head cost $365.00 US dollars Cheap plus shipping and tax. <_< I still wait from Andy Brown will ready sell CMDI engines !!! but unknown when!! :( I hope before March 2007 if he says not ready sell them so I will buy CMB engine thought him

Robert,

I can take care of the motors for you. I can send it to Jeff for you, I have others going down.

Your Valvola 21 is not even close to being outdated. If Jeff modifies it for you, it will be the

best two engines you own. :D

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Gentleman:

The New Red Head 21 Valvola has not hit the States yet. I am a distributor for Tidewater/CMB Pricing will be retailed at around $415.00,they are not sure what it will be.

Thanks

ED MAZZOLA

E & E Hobby Supplies

Talked with Bobby at Tidewater a couple of days ago. They are not aware of the new Valvola, and didn't know if they had ordered them yet.

Talked with Bobby at Tidewater a couple of days ago. They are not aware of the new Valvola, and didn't know if they had ordered them yet.
For those interested....... I just recieved an e-mail from Tony Grinter of Hobby Supplies Australia, and he should have the new Valvola in stock, first week of November. I will post an up date here, when i find out any thing new. Richard D

received a fax from Mauro at CMB stateing that the direct drive red head valvola is NOT ready yet. the mixing of the older green head valvola crankcase and new insides does not perform very well at all. he will be testing the rest of the year on new case and will try to release the new valvola after the first of the year if everything goes well.

called Sandy at Tidewater and she confermed it as well.

until then, the green head valvola is a great little motor, and so is the 21RS. ask Don F. he has seen my daughters 21 run at the race last weekend.

carl cisneros

until then, the green head valvola is a great little motor, and so is the 21RS. ask Don F. he has seen my daughters 21 run at the race last weekend.
Yup it sure is a real good runnin' green head MAC ..... er, I mean CMB. :lol:

...... couldn't resist especially since I've seen inside both motors. :p

Seriously, since Andy's new MAC's are not available yet both the Valvola & RS are a good choice for a strong 21. ;)

Yup it sure is a real good runnin' green head MAC ..... er, I mean CMB. :lol:

...... couldn't resist especially since I've seen inside both motors. :p

Seriously, since Andy's new MAC's are not available yet both the Valvola & RS are a good choice for a strong 21. ;)
Carl, thanks alot for the up-date on the new direct drive Valvola. It will be interesting to see what change the new drum set-up makes. The tri port exhaust isnt anything new. RB Concept .21 motors did that exhaust port layout back in 97. Richard D

Back