new 21

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know your busy , but were did you run it , in the catfish pond ?
Ed

i run it in my backyard on norman! wheres the catfish pond?
i like the lack of a antenner..lol , must be kinda stealthy. i need to try that with my airtronics 2.4 ..looks fantastic martin and just curious what kinda speeds i hear that zaker is hittin 85 heat speeds unless that is bull .. but that guy is fast too .. love the orange too..very nice

terry
Uh oh Terry, dont go spreading rumors of these mythical speeds untill you actually see it.........You may start a fight :lol: Your pretty close though..... B)

Larry Jr.

That looks great! I have a question though. This looks to have a compartment between the radio box and stern. What is the purpose? Does it reduce the risk of water getting into the radio box?

Hopefully you can get a video of the boat flying across the water.

Thanks

Ron G

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks great! I have a question though. This looks to have a compartment between the radio box and stern. What is the purpose? Does it reduce the risk of water getting into the radio box?
Hopefully you can get a video of the boat flying across the water.

Thanks

Ron G
it's called a bait box.... don't ask why, I don't know. yes it is to reduce water getting to the radio box.

Ron G.,

Its called a baitbox because there is something similar on full sized fishing boats, and they keep their bait in it. We use it mostly to isolate the transom stresses (rudder torque, strut vibration, etc...) form the radio box. It also helps to shift the weight of the radio gear forward.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

Martin, whats the tub length. I want to blow up the 12 plans and build a 21 and 45. What percent should i use. I was thinking 108% for a 21 and 128% for a 45. am i close?

That's a really sweet boat Martin. Looking forward to seeing some video.

Do you get to race boats much since you have to race on Sundays? Since the Chicago race is on a Saturday night, maybe you could go to the Badger race on Sunday? I don't expect a reply soon because as I type this you are taking two tires on pit road and you just gained 3 spots & came out fifth.

Since your going to be there on Sat. bring some boats. The track has a great pond on the south west corner of the parking lot. we use to race there till some one decided that they didn't wont us there any more. :angry:

Terry

Ed

i like the lack of a antenner..lol , must be kinda stealthy. i need to try that with my airtronics 2.4 ..looks fantastic martin and just curious what kinda speeds i hear that zaker is hittin 85 heat speeds unless that is bull .. but that guy is fast too .. love the orange too..very nice

terry
85 mph is NOT true,and I would like to know who said that, it was NOT me..

Ed

terry
85 mph is NOT true.
Closer to 95? :lol:

Ed

terry
85 mph is NOT true.
Closer to 95? :lol:
maybe on the tollway.

It's amazing how things go full circle.

We were runnning boats with strut logs back in the 70's (Crapshooter) and here we are again.

Other re-visits that I see all the time and I seem to re-visit too:

1. Running High Compression to pull huge props.

2. Running Low Compression to turn very high RPM with small props.

One thing that seems a constant for me is to get the hydro as light as possible with enough strength to hold up. "Can't easily take weight off, but can add very easily.

I think that the project that Rod, Jr, Truex, etc, has been something that has fired me up and made me want to design a new boat. I have done exactly that and can't wait to build it. I especially like the simplicity theme of their new project. That is the way to build a boat!!!!

Looks like I will have to build mine before Hobart, just to stay up with them :)

I dont know if it was mentioned but what size boom tubes did you use?

We were runnning boats with strut logs back in the 70's (Crapshooter) and here we are again.

One thing that seems a constant for me is to get the hydro as light as possible with enough strength to hold up. "Can't easily take weight off, but can add very easily.

I think that the project that Rod, Jr, Truex, etc, has been something that has fired me up and made me want to design a new boat. I have done exactly that and can't wait to build it. I especially like the simplicity theme of their new project. That is the way to build a boat!!!!

Looks like I will have to build mine before Hobart, just to stay up with them :)
Marty,

It's sooooo cool to build new and different stuff, keeps everyone fresh and thinking. My JAP 21 came in at 3lbs 6-7 oz with a cowl included. The length of the cable is alot shorter,some savings there. Simple boom fastening in the tub also saved some weight. I was just telling Martin that we used to exchange props at the Indy pond, Our 20 set ups were so different back then. Send pics!

Ron Jr

Marty,

It's sooooo cool to build new and different stuff, keeps everyone fresh and thinking. My JAP 21 came in at 3lbs 6-7 oz with a cowl included. The length of the cable is alot shorter,some savings there. Simple boom fastening in the tub also saved some weight. I was just telling Martin that we used to exchange props at the Indy pond, Our 20 set ups were so different back then. Send pics!

Ron Jr

Ron:

Our setups were not that different, but our driving style was MUCH different. We usually didn't get in each others way much.

I still have the urge to spend a LOT of time with model boating, but just can't seem to justify driving 1 hour to the shop. I used to be able to just go to the garage and work for an hour or 2 or..... That made it much easier to fit in a lot of time to build and think. I am envious of those that can do that.

I would like to be able to run a LOT of classes, but I have finally realized that I can do what keeps me involved with just 2 boats and concentrate on them. I have seen way to many people that have tons of boats and never really do justice to any of them because they don't concentrate on a few.

I will send you some images when I get started on the new project. Designed a 45 and 67 for Rod and Norm so at least I can see the larger ones built.

What is the second class? Down here, gas classes rule. So, I will build a Gas Cat and compete in the most active and competitive class in Florida. At least I can run the best people and see if I can be competitive. Only problem with the Gas Cat Class is that people crash all the time and the maintenance is extensive.

Sure hope that the plans continue to fall into place for Hobart. I will look forward to seeing and competing against my old friends.

Back