new 21

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtruex

made its first run today,it came in at 3 lbs 5 ounces less fuel..it runs very well, and handles great..its just like the 12 boat in the video but bigger..

Looks great!

What wood thicknesses did you use? That sure sounds light! Are the sponsons WOF?

made its first run today,it came in at 3 lbs 5 ounces less fuel..it runs very well, and handles great..its just like the 12 boat in the video but bigger..

AMAZING, I have been trying to build a 3 1/2 lb 20 boat for YEARS.

Great job, sure would like to know your tricks to get it that light.

Some of it might be no cowling and no rear sponsons....

Last edited by a moderator:
Martin,

What propellers are you running?

It should be a rocket.

Nice Job!

Mark Sholund

Nice build. l like the orange.

guys,

i was actually worried while i was building that its would be too heavy..tub sides are 1/8 5 ply, top and bottom are 1/16 5 ply, and all bulkheads are 1/4 5ply...sponsons are wood over foam..thats about it, it runs great, and turns like a SOB

mark, im running an h7 cupped to 3.6 and the 1450 i got from you cupped to 3.6.. im hoping you send me something else to try soon, they are not enough prop..

marty, i sent you an email, you pm box isnt working. i would say rear sponsons and a cowl cant weigh more than a few ounces..

I know your busy , but were did you run it , in the catfish pond ?

Ed

Ed

i run it in my backyard on norman! wheres the catfish pond?
i like the lack of a antenner..lol , must be kinda stealthy. i need to try that with my airtronics 2.4 ..looks fantastic martin and just curious what kinda speeds i hear that zaker is hittin 85 heat speeds unless that is bull .. but that guy is fast too .. love the orange too..very nice

terry

Thats Good man . Good Luck !!

You boat is Awesome by the way and nice work with the JAP

Great looking boat Martin

The boom tubes look really skinny :blink:

And that wide footprint reminds me of some Euro designs..

Im no hydro guy , but if Marty likes it then ;)

Come down south and join us one day if you ever get the chance.

You gotta come this way at the end of the year anyway :p

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
Ed

i run it in my backyard on norman! wheres the catfish pond?
i like the lack of a antenner..lol , must be kinda stealthy. i need to try that with my airtronics 2.4 ..looks fantastic martin and just curious what kinda speeds i hear that zaker is hittin 85 heat speeds unless that is bull .. but that guy is fast too .. love the orange too..very nice

terry

terry it came right out of the shop running in the 70s , i need to get the right prop on there still to see what it will do..but either way i cant even explain how well it turns, of course i havent really had the experience seeing a great 20 boat rip a turn but its pretty sick..

Back